Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Picked up my new project today Lift Kit? (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=149155)

fishbones 01-05-2019 06:58 PM

Picked up my new project today Lift Kit?

1 Attachment(s)
Got my new project cart today. 94 DS 36v stock.
Ordered some 22x11-10x8 5+3 tires and wheels and I was thinking 4" or 6" lift kit. Is there any advantage to one or the other or is it just looks?
I have read dozens of posts here about lift kits and one will say jakes is good and another will say its not all sports is better, any experienced suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, is there an incremental path to upgrading the torque on these things, I mean instead of going 48 and re-doing it all (probably should have bought a 48V).
Is adding a controller and increasing cable size enough and maybe later when I need to replace batteries make the big move?
Coughing up over 2k to replace motor, controller, F/R switch, cables, batteries and new charger is not in the budget yet as I am already dropping $1500 in cargo box, tires/wheels, lift, HD rear springs, lights, camo wrap, black seat covers etc.
Many thanks. Fishbones

NoleFan4Ever 01-05-2019 10:47 PM

Re: Picked up my new project today Lift Kit?

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishbones (Post 1574537)
-snip-
cargo box, tires/wheels, lift, HD rear springs, lights, camo wrap, black seat covers etc.
Many thanks. Fishbones

That right there just robbed your torque.... You will have less now then you did.

The battery cables will help the delivery, and a controller will give you the amperage you need.

All-Sports is my favorite by far, nothing against Jakes, just much more prefer an Allsports and have used them both (and others).

BBBHC 01-06-2019 12:18 PM

Congrats on the new ride!

I would caution you on the HD rear springs. Many on here have decided to ditch their upgrade to HD springs for either stock or dual action springs. Depends on how much load you will be traveling with as to the quality of ride. Hopefully some others will chime in on their experiences. You can also do a search to see others shared information on this.

CruisinaCampground 01-06-2019 01:05 PM

I have a 98 DS that was 36v series. It was stock when I got it. I started my upgrades out with a rear facing seat and realized with 4 people my cart couldn't make it up hills. I upgraded to a C54 kit with option 3 from Carts Unlimited.net, which noticeably improved torque in my cart. Then I upgraded to 48v at a later time which increased my torque and speed even more. I just (last night) installed a SGC 6" lift and 22" tires and it still runs excellent.

I was in your shoes and I am extremely happy with the performance of my cart with the electronic upgrades. I would highly recommend spending the money on things that will increase your torque before things that will rob torque.

fishbones 01-06-2019 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBBHC (Post 1574731)
Congrats on the new ride!

I would caution you on the HD rear springs. Many on here have decided to ditch their upgrade to HD springs for either stock or dual action springs. Depends on how much load you will be traveling with as to the quality of ride. Hopefully some others will chime in on their experiences. You can also do a search to see others shared information on this.

Thanks, the ones I ordered were dual action per my searches from BGW 8)

fishbones 01-06-2019 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CruisinaCampground (Post 1574737)
I have a 98 DS that was 36v series. It was stock when I got it. I started my upgrades out with a rear facing seat and realized with 4 people my cart couldn't make it up hills. I upgraded to a C54 kit with option 3 from Carts Unlimited.net, which noticeably improved torque in my cart. Then I upgraded to 48v at a later time which increased my torque and speed even more. I just (last night) installed a SGC 6" lift and 22" tires and it still runs excellent.

I was in your shoes and I am extremely happy with the performance of my cart with the electronic upgrades. I would highly recommend spending the money on things that will increase your torque before things that will rob torque.

Great info, much appreciated.
I am going to do the same as you, ordering the option 3 kit with altrax 500 controller tomorrow from ScottyB's site and do batteries and charger later.
As a side note, I ended up going 20x10-10 tires and Jakes Double A-Arm lift 4", hopefully with smaller tires and the kit upgrade I should be happy for a while.
My land is mostly flat and the work I plan to do with it is not that heavy, I have a tractor for that :)

CruisinaCampground 01-06-2019 09:39 PM

Sounds like you are on track for a nice DS build! I'm looking forward to seeing your progress.

NoleFan4Ever 01-16-2019 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IslandCart (Post 1578170)
Yes. Sorry. How can I delete it? My apologies....tried to use Tapatalk.

Click on the "Edit" button. then "Go Advance", and then put a bullet in Delete it and click the Delete button. :thumbup: