Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Club Car Onward Squaky Top (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=144262)

Douggbo 07-22-2018 08:32 AM

Club Car Onward Squaky Top

Hey All.

New to the forum. I have an 18 Club Car Onward we use to go around the neighborhood and to the pool. We absolutely love it.

One really annoying thing though is that the top squeaks terrible whenever you hit even the slightest bump. This seems to be more prevalent on the last side of the canopy from the driver to the front.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to correct this?

Thanks in advance.

E36Racer 07-22-2018 09:48 AM

Re: Club Car Onward Squaky Top

Tighten up the bolts on the struts a little bit.

DannyAbear 07-22-2018 02:41 PM

I bought 2 pieces of 1" sq. aluminum tube 4' long from Home depot and bolted to front and rear struts connecting them together; it really stiffened it up and much less shakey and also quieter

ls1chris 04-01-2019 08:14 AM

late to the party here, mine was doing this too, tightening the bolts didnt help. i made thin gaskets out of foam packing material and placed between the black upright supports and the aluminum roof supports and it cured the noise.

TahoeDawgZ71 04-01-2019 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ls1chris (Post 1600404)
late to the party here, mine was doing this too, tightening the bolts didnt help. i made thin gaskets out of foam packing material and placed between the black upright supports and the aluminum roof supports and it cured the noise.

^This :thumbup:

Rubber washers work well also.

dan4mbenz 04-02-2019 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douggbo (Post 1523951)
Hey All.

New to the forum. I have an 18 Club Car Onward we use to go around the neighborhood and to the pool. We absolutely love it.

One really annoying thing though is that the top squeaks terrible whenever you hit even the slightest bump. This seems to be more prevalent on the last side of the canopy from the driver to the front.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to correct this?

Thanks in advance.

When i purchased my extended top from Doubletake which is who i believe makes the top for the onward, doubletake sent me some rubber/felt washers to use for installation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ls1chris 04-02-2019 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan4mbenz (Post 1600762)
When i purchased my extended top from Doubletake which is who i believe makes the top for the onward, doubletake sent me some rubber/felt washers to use for installation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

felt is a better idea, i gonna use those fuzzy things you put on the bottom of chair legs, i have a box full of that stuff

noserider 08-22-2019 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E36Racer (Post 1523968)
Tighten up the bolts on the struts a little bit.

I have a few squeaks on my Double Take extended top. It's a Limo so really extended top. Tightening the hardware made it worse. I loosened and back to a little squeak. I'm going to add some rubber washers. I did not remove the bolts but I can tell there is some thin rubber gaskets or washers there now.

Douggbo 08-07-2020 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ls1chris (Post 1600404)

So did you drill out the rivets and put in bolts? My canopy is attached with rivets.