Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Yamaha (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   front cowl for G1 (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=3464)

etonracn 02-11-2008 02:34 PM

front cowl for G1

What cowls will fit 81' G1 and will I have to modify?

turnagainhardcore 02-11-2008 08:22 PM

Re: front cowl for G1

I got a G-16 body on. . . but theres lots of fabricaiton involved. I think your limited unless your prepared to do lots of fabin

smallblock450sl 02-11-2008 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turnagainhardcore (Post 51991)
I got a G-16 body on. . . but theres lots of fabricaiton involved. I think your limited unless your prepared to do lots of fabin

I was trying to get your post here...Just couldn't figure out how. Sorry no new front cowels are available from Yamaha and I don't beleive from any aftermarket company's either. What year is your G1 ? 1979 to 1981 were fiberglass and can be repaired. Later "poly" cowels would be more work...and to get the paint to "stick" ! Good luck..keep us posted. Later Dave

turnagainhardcore 02-11-2008 08:46 PM

Quote:

I was trying to get your post here...Just couldn't figure out how
If you check out my build int the gas yamaha section it is called somthing like" G-1 gone G-16" or something like that. I started witha G-1 frame then fabricated a whole new front end, with all new mounting points so i could use a G-16 body, did the same for the rear. Did i clear this up or no?

smallblock450sl 02-11-2008 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turnagainhardcore (Post 52004)
If you check out my build int the gas yamaha section it is called somthing like" G-1 gone G-16" or something like that. I started witha G-1 frame then fabricated a whole new front end, with all new mounting points so i could use a G-16 body, did the same for the rear. Did i clear this up or no?

But how do you get previous post to a new post ? No, you didn't clear up the post...........You just confussed me even more! and I'm easily confused! Later Dave PS....I'm not using smillies.......They "Scare Me"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Later dave

turnagainhardcore 02-12-2008 12:02 AM

Now I am confused hahah this is going to be a vicious circle

etonracn 02-13-2008 05:12 AM

Thanks for the info...I'll see what I can come up with...You guys are great on this site

smallblock450sl 02-13-2008 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turnagainhardcore (Post 52056)
Now I am confused hahah this is going to be a vicious circle

Looks like we confused etonracn.........He thinks were great! The orderly just asked me to go back to my room and take my "MEDS". Laaaaaater Daaaaaav.....

TheNewGuy 02-14-2008 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smallblock450sl (Post 52422)
Looks like we confused etonracn.........He thinks were great! The orderly just asked me to go back to my room and take my "MEDS". Laaaaaater Daaaaaav.....

LMAO!!!! :lol: :lol: