Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Bike & ATV Engine Swaps (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Yet another GSXR powered cart (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=31534)

MACSBOOST 04-11-2010 07:13 AM

Yet another GSXR powered cart

I decided to use a little 600 engine. lol I'm still assembling, but i am using a jack shaft and a CVTech clutch. check out the pictures and the youtube video!
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...30&id=12710422

I'll be adding some custom disc brakes to the front soon.

To make it driveable, I plan on building a drive by wire system that can intelligently operate the throttle, and operate it such that it can have a mode that is similar to stock power levels. If the clutch drags too much, I'll probably add a solenoid that automatically engages the clutch for the first few percent of pedal travel, then start to add throttle angle.

fritster 04-11-2010 07:28 AM

Re: Yet another GSXR powered cart

NICE,
I have same engine. Need help figuring out the final drive. What type of axle are you running, the stock one? I may need to call you and talk. I have an ezgo electric and need to know what type of axle to put under mine to make this work and keep a reverse and have a good and workable setup as well.
my email addy is mrmrsrsm@yahoo.com

MACSBOOST 04-11-2010 09:39 AM

stock g2 axle. This has fwd/rev gears. I am using a G1 belt to keep the clutch closer to the axle. its tight in there.

smallblock450sl 04-11-2010 10:07 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Nice job:thumbup: I'm in the process of getting the peices for my bike engine build. Yamaha fz6 600 efi. Have a narrowed Ford 9" (out of a TaylorDunn). Plans are mount engine sideways and use a drive shaft. The 3.00 gears should make it haul. My only problem with the stock Yamaha rear end is the 12:1 gear ratio. How fast do you think you'll go? I even bought a fabbed rear gear years ago that slides over the input shaft for a chain straight from the engine. Maybe I should sell it. Might help someone's bike build. Thanks for posting, keep up the nice work. Dave

MACSBOOST 04-11-2010 10:19 AM

6th gear is 1.2:1 on the GSXR
Redline is 16Krpm
redline at the engine sprocket is 13,500

My jack shaft is 1:1, 16 tooth to 16 tooth.

If stock is 20mph at 3K, then it will be a whole lot faster than stock! (I'm guessing at both numbers, I have no idea, but It will be in the ball park. The plan is to use the gearbox to fine tune the range in the end.

I dont want it going too crazy fast, well, its too late for that!

smallblock450sl 04-11-2010 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MACSBOOST (Post 390514)
6th gear is 1.2:1 on the GSXR
Redline is 16Krpm
redline at the engine sprocket is 13,500

My jack shaft is 1:1, 16 tooth to 16 tooth.

If stock is 20mph at 3K, then it will be a whole lot faster than stock! (I'm guessing at both numbers, I have no idea, but It will be in the ball park. The plan is to use the gearbox to fine tune the range in the end.

I dont want it going too crazy fast, well, its too late for that!

I agree, your jack shaft at 1 to 1 was the way to go. I'll keep watching, can I steal some of your ideas?

richie 04-13-2010 06:42 PM

Very interesting setup.Looks great.I still say we need a section just for bike motor builds............:mrgreen:

CRAZYTasty 04-13-2010 09:32 PM

Looks good.
Keep the vids coming.

MACSBOOST 04-14-2010 03:15 PM

I need to retune the clutch to shift at 3500-4K. That would give me about 40-50hp to the wheels during the shift.

MACSBOOST 04-16-2010 08:37 PM

got it all in and drove it around the parking lot.. its LOUD! Sounds like an indy car with no exhaust.
Something is not right with the gear ratio or the clutch. It doesnt want to engage until 5000 RPM on the tach while in sixth gear. I was expecting this to be closer to 2k. Maybe its sticking?

I didnt drive it much and it was getting late. I'll test more tomorrow.