Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Tire wear question (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=177714)

Sqznby 07-17-2021 07:07 PM

Tire wear question

1 Attachment(s)
After rebuilding the entire front end and enjoying the cart so far.
I noticed this wear pattern on the front drivers tire and am a little stumped.
Can anyone enlighten me on what exactly is going on here?
Could it have anything to do with the alignment?
Tire pressure?

Thanks

Attachment 222035

simicrintz 07-17-2021 08:01 PM

Re: Tire wear question

Looks like it has everything to do with alignment :(

You should have the ability to adjust the toe in/toe out or camber/caster and bring it back in spec. Bummer on the wear on the tire.

Fairtax4me 07-17-2021 08:29 PM

Too much toe-in and or the camber is not set correctly.
The only adjustment for camber is an adjuster bolt in the center of the spring to get the camber even from side to side.
There will be some positive camber on each side of about 1 to 1-1/2 degrees, assuming everything else is in shape.
Set camber, then adjust toe to 1/16-1/8” of toe in. Then adjust the steering rod to center the wheel.

WalterM6 07-17-2021 09:34 PM

I had the same problem. I replaced every part in the front end spending hundreds of dollars. I finally gave up and replaced the entire front end with a Double A-Arm 4" in lift kit. No alignment problems since then.

Sqznby 07-18-2021 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simicrintz (Post 1839261)
Looks like it has everything to do with alignment :(

You should have the ability to adjust the toe in/toe out or camber/caster and bring it back in spec. Bummer on the wear on the tire.

Thank you, I appreciate you taking the time to respond. It certainly is a bummer, especially after spending so much for the front end and the wheels/tires.

Looks like a little adjustment and we should be good to go, along with a new tire:mrgreen:

Sqznby 07-18-2021 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairtax4me (Post 1839269)
Too much toe-in and or the camber is not set correctly.
The only adjustment for camber is an adjuster bolt in the center of the spring to get the camber even from side to side.
There will be some positive camber on each side of about 1 to 1-1/2 degrees, assuming everything else is in shape.
Set camber, then adjust toe to 1/16-1/8” of toe in. Then adjust the steering rod to center the wheel.

Thank you so much for the info, it is definitely much appreciated. I will have to save this info for the weekend but, I will most certainly be doing this to get it sorted out.
Thank You:thumbup:

Sqznby 07-18-2021 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WalterM6 (Post 1839286)
I had the same problem. I replaced every part in the front end spending hundreds of dollars. I finally gave up and replaced the entire front end with a Double A-Arm 4" in lift kit. No alignment problems since then.

I hear that, I'm up to 4 digits in parts and wheels/tires.
And, honestly, I wanted a lift but at the time every company was so far out they didn't have an eta for delivery.

What kit did you get? And how do you like it?

Thanks

Thanks everyone for the info, it is definitely much appreciated:thumbup:

WalterM6 07-18-2021 08:30 PM

Quote:

What kit did you get? And how do you like it?
I got the All Sport 4" A-Arm. I was against installing a lift for a long time. Now I am glad I got it. You can see from my Avatar that 4" isn't that much but it solved all of my front end problems.

Sqznby 07-21-2021 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WalterM6 (Post 1839442)
I got the All Sport 4" A-Arm. I was against installing a lift for a long time. Now I am glad I got it. You can see from my Avatar that 4" isn't that much but it solved all of my front end problems.

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it and your cart looks great:thumbup: