Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Lithium EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   EZGO TxT48 with Leaf Modules (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=157155)

seadogger 09-14-2019 07:51 PM

EZGO TxT48 with Leaf Modules

5 Attachment(s)
Well, i have decided to document my EZGO Lithium transformation build log here. I have gone back and forth between Leaf, Volt, i3 BMW battery packs but I have settled on the Leaf 7 Module 14s configuration w/ the Zeva BMS. Mainly because I am fortunate to be in the same area as PingEye3 who has a great build pattern with the Leaf already and plan to leverage from him what he has built before to the best of my abilities. He has a very clean setup. Thanks PingEye3 for your help, time and information.

I would also like to give a shout out to MCJEFE for his build thread. I plan to copy as best I can from that thread. You have done a great job documenting your conversion for others to follow and build upon.

I would also like to give a shout out to cmysstailights for the terminal cover design and 3D print.

seadogger 09-14-2019 07:57 PM

Re: EZGO TxT48 with Leaf Modules

2 Attachment(s)
This is where she has been. Torn down to the frame and built back up with a new body and she looks much better today.

The batteries have seen better days so Lithium conversion is on.

seadogger 09-14-2019 08:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Bill of Materials

cmysstailights 09-14-2019 09:17 PM

Awesome bud, your welcome. Shipped out today. You should see them by tuesday hopefully. Sent you email with tracking.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

seadogger 09-14-2019 09:40 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I plan to reuse my lead acid charger. I found some drawings of a similar Chinese charger board and found that the three pots adjust output voltage, current, and current cutoff thresholds. I played around with the Pots until I found the output voltage adjustment that sets the voltage adjustment for the Bulk and Absorb phases.

Note - Need to be careful with these adjustments as this board only can take 360Watts (written on board as DL-360W). I have the voltage currently at 52V for the FLA batteries and I will increase this voltage to 58V when I am done with the battery replacement for the lithium batteries. If you increase the voltage you will need to decrease the current to stay under the power threshold of the components on the board. This charger will give me about 6amps during the Bulk phase and I will be under the 360Watt Max still. The Absorb phase will transition to the float phase once the current drops to around 5%. This can be adjusted but I don't plan to change this setting from the default in the charger.

cmysstailights 09-14-2019 09:49 PM

Check settings, my charge voltage is not 58v. Had to lower it so the cells would balance

MCJEFE 09-15-2019 04:19 PM

Looking forward to seeing your project! Don't hesitate to ask if you have questions.

Your lucky to live close to Gary there's not many guys like him around! ;)

cmysstailights 09-15-2019 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCJEFE (Post 1653082)
Looking forward to seeing your project! Don't hesitate to ask if you have questions.

Your lucky to live close to Gary there's not many guys like him around! ;)

Gary is great, helped me all the way through my build.

NCPW 09-15-2019 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmysstailights (Post 1653116)
Gary is great, helped me all the way through my build.

+3. Helped me immensely! :thumbup:

NBE 09-17-2019 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seadogger (Post 1652940)
Bill of Materials

I'm a little confused. Nothing new with that but in your BOM links you show 2 10' pieces of 2 gauge cable (1 black and 1 red) and then I see a link for 1 20' piece of 2 gauge red cable. The first is listed in your BOM list but the second isn't. Unless I'm just missing something.

Just wondering what the 20" piece of red is for?

Also, many of the links in your BOM are not working!

Thanks!

Brad