Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   '96 TXT Ignition system troubleshooting (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=36690)

JimXtreme 08-05-2010 06:20 PM

'96 TXT Ignition system troubleshooting

I need help with Ignition system troubleshooting on m y '96 TXT with the 295cc engine.

It with fire the plug momentarily when I first hit the pedal and then nothing...

spled77 08-06-2010 05:16 AM

Re: '96 TXT Ignition system troubleshooting

It is the Ignitor

JimXtreme 08-06-2010 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spled77 (Post 438456)
It is the Ignitor

Where is the ignitor located?

ez go go 08-06-2010 03:58 PM

On my 2000 it is under a black plastic shroud under the seat on the left front.. It is a black plastic module with 4 wires coming out of it. Draw a schematic before removal so you put it back on properly. A crossed connection could damage it and they are not cheap.. A word of advice, see if you can find a loaner and try it. The pulsar and the coil are tied in with this device and could be the problem... I just hate to see you buy an ignitor and not need it. The tech section has a thread with ohm values on the pulsar and you can probably find some info. on coil testing with a thread search.. Hope this helps and maybe saves some money.. Good Luck

chardonite 08-06-2010 04:43 PM

For some reason when the ignitor go bad it acts just like your describing. A couple of sparks then nothing. Good Luck.........

JimXtreme 08-09-2010 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ez go go (Post 438670)
On my 2000 it is under a black plastic shroud under the seat on the left front.. It is a black plastic module with 4 wires coming out of it. Draw a schematic before removal so you put it back on properly. A crossed connection could damage it and they are not cheap.. A word of advice, see if you can find a loaner and try it. The pulsar and the coil are tied in with this device and could be the problem... I just hate to see you buy an ignitor and not need it. The tech section has a thread with ohm values on the pulsar and you can probably find some info. on coil testing with a thread search.. Hope this helps and maybe saves some money.. Good Luck

The one with the solenoid, etc.?

JimXtreme 08-09-2010 07:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm guessing this is it?

ez go go 08-09-2010 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimXtreme (Post 439547)
I'm guessing this is it?

Yup!! That's the ignitor...