Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Hunting and Fishing (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Night vision hog hunting (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=166920)

buckmanmike 07-24-2020 12:15 AM

Night vision hog hunting

I bought a new setup. Basically an infrared camera that attaches to your scope, a monitor, and a IR illuminator. $89. Ive never had any night vision and thought this would be a cheap introduction. Headed to our land in SWGA tomorrow and hope to try it out. Hogs getting out of control in some areas and on our neighbors too. Never had any problem getting permission to hog hunt for free if thier farmers.
Has anyone else used this setup? Alot of video on youtube.

NCPW 07-24-2020 07:26 AM

Re: Night vision hog hunting

I haven't heard of it but sounds pretty cool for those who don't want to drop $$$ on ATN, Pulsar or Armasight on top of our normal day scopes.

Fairtax4me 07-25-2020 07:06 PM

Always wanted a night setup for coyote around here. I’ll be interested to hear how it works out!

DaveTM 07-26-2020 05:36 AM

I'm watching as well.

buckmanmike 07-29-2020 11:39 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I installed the sight onto my 10/22. It makes its heavy so not a carry type system. Daytime pics on monitor are fine. Problem is night time view.(reason for purchase) The illuminator is a flood light and cannot be adjusted to a spot beam. So as is Im not satisfied, but plan on buying a better illuminator and try it out again. Also its wierd to look at the monitor instead of through the scope. The pic of monitor is about 30 minutes before dark dark.

buckmanmike 07-29-2020 11:45 PM

Oh, and feeder is about 150-160 yards away. After total dark, could not see it, but could see trees, etc 25-30 yards. After that distance its open food plot to feeder, so nothing for the IR to bounce and reflect off, thus need for better illuminator.

DaveTM 07-30-2020 05:02 AM

Neat stuff!!

buckmanmike 08-10-2020 07:54 PM

I got a new illuminator but will be a couple of weeks before I get to deer camp to try out.

Mooncarter 08-10-2020 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckmanmike (Post 1745421)
I installed the sight onto my 10/22. It makes its heavy so not a carry type system. Daytime pics on monitor are fine. Problem is night time view.(reason for purchase) The illuminator is a flood light and cannot be adjusted to a spot beam. So as is Im not satisfied, but plan on buying a better illuminator and try it out again. Also its wierd to look at the monitor instead of through the scope. The pic of monitor is about 30 minutes before dark dark.

This is cool. :thumbup:

Nutshell 08-17-2020 03:31 PM

Very cool!