Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Wiring Alltrax for reverse with single micro-switch F&R switch... (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=160577)

Jake_Daddy 01-31-2020 02:01 PM

Wiring Alltrax for reverse with single micro-switch F&R switch...

Should have a 500a Alltrax coming today or tomorrow to work a solid state conversion and as I am reviewing the wiring diagrams I am wondering how to wire up the reverse input out of a single micro-switch F&R. Looks like I need to add an additional switch up to achieve this. Has anyone else worked up a slick solution for this? Thanks

NoleFan4Ever 02-01-2020 10:37 AM

Re: Wiring Alltrax for reverse with single micro-switch F&R switch...

I think I remember Sergio doing or helping someone with this. I have never had to do it, but PM him and if it can be done, he will know how.

scottyb 02-01-2020 10:56 AM

Look at the old diagrams showing a single ms and back up beeper. I think you will find something there.

Jake_Daddy 02-01-2020 03:50 PM

David Hicks straightened me out. I was under the assumption that the pin on the controller had to get a signal but apparently that's only if you want 1/2 speed reverse. We will try it out with full speed reverse and if we want to adjust it I will look into it more. I was wondering about using the buzzer signal but I haven't checked to see what the voltage it gets is yet. After a quick look yesterday I didn't get a good feel for the buzzer wiring, one wire goes to the back of the charge socket and one wire goes to the solenoid so I am a bit confused how that gets triggered.

Jake_Daddy 02-02-2020 11:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok back to another question for the FnR where I have more connections than what the wiring diagram shows. My FnR isn't labeled so the picture is what I assume is correct. Are two lower bars coming out jumpered together? The wiring diagram makes it look like those are the two you connect to but I would like to verify if I do that I leave the top bar open. I feel like something needs to be jumpered or left open here any input would be appreciated.

Fairtax4me 02-02-2020 11:38 AM

I could be wrong but I’m thinking the bottom bars should be jumped together for a controller setup. So you’ll have A2 to bottom bars, M- to top bar.

The bottom bars were separate on the toaster coil carts to provide 18 or 24v for lower speed reverse. But thats not necessary with the alltrax controller.

Sergio 02-02-2020 11:46 AM

what he said :thumbup:

Jake_Daddy 02-02-2020 12:49 PM

Thanks guys! I really appreciate it.