Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   2005 Club Car Precedent. No click (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=187921)

Rdangeau 11-30-2022 10:37 PM

2005 Club Car Precedent. No click

2005 electric Club Car Precedent

Friends cart. He rinsed off batteries this summer and cart stopped working. He has other cart so he just been using it. Well now we start working on it.
Diode on solenoid was rusty and broken. Went ahead and put new solenoid and diode on. No change after that.
You can push cart in run or tow no difference. Reverse buzzer works. It does go off when flipped to the tow position. Replaced tow/run switch no change.
Full voltage at battery. Charger comes on and charges like it should.
I did read that others have put diode on backwards. Will check that tommorrow. Suggestions?

jasonojordan 12-01-2022 09:15 AM

Re: 2005 Club Car Precedent. No click

If you put the diode in backwards it would of exploded.

Rdangeau 12-01-2022 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonojordan (Post 1919810)
If you put the diode in backwards it would of exploded.

No explosion. So I guess that’s not my problem. Any suggestions?

jasonojordan 12-01-2022 03:01 PM

Well being he rinsed the cart I would be worried about he controller if he didn't disconnect power or use the run/tow switch while giving it a bath.

Rdangeau 12-01-2022 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonojordan (Post 1919868)
Well being he rinsed the cart I would be worried about he controller if he didn't disconnect power or use the run/tow switch while giving it a bath.

It very well could be. Would a bad controller cause the tow/run switch to not work? I can push cart no matter what position the tow/run switch is in. When I have cart in reverse I have the buzzer sound if I flip switch to tow buzzer stops. Brand new switch I just put on.

jasonojordan 12-02-2022 08:12 AM

There are some various guides stickied on this forum for the steps to help identify a failed controller. I am by no means an expert being I have just gotten into this hobby myself this September.

You could start with finding out what controller you have in your cart. I have the stock one out of my 2004 Precedent on the shelf that is working that if you wanted to pay shipping and its the same controller in the 2005 I would be willing to send out for you guys to try out and if that solves the problem can discuss selling it for a reasonable price.

Rdangeau 12-02-2022 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonojordan (Post 1919963)
There are some various guides stickied on this forum for the steps to help identify a failed controller. I am by no means an expert being I have just gotten into this hobby myself this September.

You could start with finding out what controller you have in your cart. I have the stock one out of my 2004 Precedent on the shelf that is working that if you wanted to pay shipping and its the same controller in the 2005 I would be willing to send out for you guys to try out and if that solves the problem can discuss selling it for a reasonable price.

That is a very friendly gesture. Let me see what controller it has. What kind of price did u have in mind?

jasonojordan 12-02-2022 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdangeau (Post 1920000)
That is a very friendly gesture. Let me see what controller it has. What kind of price did u have in mind?

Looking on ebay looks like $200 is a fair price? Others can feel free to jump in if my price is out of line.

Rdangeau 12-02-2022 10:57 AM

102806201 Curtis controller

kgsc 12-02-2022 11:01 AM

Find the fuse near the controller and check it before you do anything else.