Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Sled Engine Swaps (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Yamaha G1 Suzuki 340 fan swap (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=114273)

c.parry95 01-23-2016 12:14 PM

Yamaha G1 Suzuki 340 fan swap

1 Attachment(s)
I know there are a ton of G1 swaps out there and I've read through a bunch of them. I have the entire sled to work with for parts and it ran perfect when i pulled the engine. I do not care about reverse. I just want to have a reliable golf cart that will hopefully be faster than stock.. Also I am on a very tight budget.... Golf cart was given to me by a friend a year ago in running shape, and the snowmobile was also free... SO at this point I am zero dollars into this build and I want to stay as close to that as possible. But I have a few questions for you guys that have done these swaps...

1. Has anyone swapped an arctic cat 340 fan engine (see pics) into this style golf cart? I couldn't seem to find anyone online that has. If you have could you post pics of your fab work for engine mounts and such or maybe a forum that is out there for this style engine swap?

2. I have read a ton of things on clutching and blah blah. I'm not trying to get the max speed. Just something with a little more power than the stock one cylinder.... Can I just run the primary clutch that is on snowmobile engine and leave the secondary that's already on the golf cart?

3. I've seen people tearing apart the rear axle, is this necessary? Is there a special gear or something in there that has to be removed for speed or torque or whatever?

Any other tips would be great. I will keep the post updated with pics. I just started yesterday. Pulled the engine from sled and golf cart last night. Now I need to figure out engine mounts before i go any further. Thanks in advance.

CAMPERCART2013 01-24-2016 10:25 AM

Re: Yamaha G1 Suzuki 340 fan swap

Look for spirit 340install woes by baseless.he in this section Good luck and have fun:thumbup:

c.parry95 01-28-2016 04:25 PM

Got her done. Don't mind the hack job my buddy did with the sawzall. Haha other than that she goes good. I made the rear differential posi as well.

c.parry95 01-28-2016 04:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Way easier swap than I thought

cfherrman 01-28-2016 07:14 PM

Haha have fun with it.

Btw posi is Chevrolet branded limited slip

c.parry95 01-28-2016 07:42 PM

I know theres posts out there about it. But anyone know what i should do for clutching. I have only taken it on a few test runs and seems to go pretty good. But for primary I have the clutch that came on the snowmobile engine and secondary is stock from the g1.... any ideas? leave it or something I should look into for upgrading it?

joejoeguns 02-25-2016 07:10 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I have a yammi 340 in my g1 on she has done 56 on the GPS. I made a jackshaft rack kinda thing on mine.It might be hard to see but If you search the site I put up some detailed pics in this section a couple years ago.

Billium 06-19-2016 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c.parry95 (Post 1235652)
I know there are a ton of G1 swaps out there and I've read through a bunch of them. I have the entire sled to work with for parts and it ran perfect when i pulled the engine. I do not care about reverse. I just want to have a reliable golf cart that will hopefully be faster than stock.. Also I am on a very tight budget.... Golf cart was given to me by a friend a year ago in running shape, and the snowmobile was also free... SO at this point I am zero dollars into this build and I want to stay as close to that as possible. But I have a few questions for you guys that have done these swaps...

1. Has anyone swapped an arctic cat 340 fan engine (see pics) into this style golf cart? I couldn't seem to find anyone online that has. If you have could you post pics of your fab work for engine mounts and such or maybe a forum that is out there for this style engine swap?

2. I have read a ton of things on clutching and blah blah. I'm not trying to get the max speed. Just something with a little more power than the stock one cylinder.... Can I just run the primary clutch that is on snowmobile engine and leave the secondary that's already on the golf cart?

3. I've seen people tearing apart the rear axle, is this necessary? Is there a special gear or something in there that has to be removed for speed or torque or whatever?

Any other tips would be great. I will keep the post updated with pics. I just started yesterday. Pulled the engine from sled and golf cart last night. Now I need to figure out engine mounts before i go any further. Thanks in advance.

I swapped a 340 Yamaha into my G2. no issue's with the rear end. I used a heavy duty secondary. check out my build if you like.
Have fun with it.. But you will learn it don't stop with 1 modification .. lol
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/membe...roject-g2.html