Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Yamaha (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Alltrax Controller - Scottyb (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=179588)

Peth0201 09-20-2021 02:23 PM

Alltrax Controller - Scottyb

Hey Scottyb - just purchased a controller from you - appreciate the fast service.

I purchased a 400Amp controller for a Yamaha G29 drive. Everything on the cart is stock.

I installed it and everything working as normal. Your website states 22-23 MPH with more torque. Right now, it's going 13-14 MPG with regen on. The computer I own has security blocking the Alltrax programming.

Do you know of another way to unlock this controller?

Tried to DM you but your account is full :-P

Thanks!

Volt_Ampere 09-20-2021 03:53 PM

Re: Alltrax Controller - Scottyb

You are going to need the Alltrax software to make adjustments to your controller. My G29 does 25 but I had to make some setting changes to get that speed out of it.

Peth0201 09-20-2021 03:58 PM

I spoke with Scotty - I also called Alltrax - they think the original "speed sensor" is checked. VA - what were the settings you looked into?

Volt_Ampere 09-20-2021 04:23 PM

Turbo mode must be on to get anywhere close to max RPM. Max RPM needs to be over 6000. You need the correct Field Map for your motor. You are losing out on lots of good info and really one of the great features of the Alltrax if you don't have the software. You need to make a data log while driving to see what is limiting your speed. Alltrax support can't help you if you can't tell them all of the settings.

Peth0201 09-20-2021 04:28 PM

Thanks sir!

Peth0201 09-26-2021 08:15 PM

Have the downloaded toolkit. Nice program! Scotty told me the controller is set for highest speed. The RPMs are just under 6,000. Does anyone know the max RPMs for a stock G29 Motor is? There are warnings not the change this setting above motor capabilities. I trust your judgement, VA, but just want confirmation so I don't blow up the motor.

Also, the "speed limit" box was checked which was hindering the top end speed.

Volt_Ampere 09-26-2021 11:01 PM

I'm not sure I would push the stock motor over 6000 RPM. With stock wheels and stock gears, that will probably get you to about 19mph - not more. Do a run with the logging program and see what RPM you are getting (and what mph that gives you) You can calculate things - stock gears are 12.5:1. Measure the tires and you can figure out what speed you can get at 6000 RPM. Did you enable Turbo mode? I went with larger wheels and gained a few mph on mine. I replaced the stock motor with a D&D motor when I put in the Alltrax and Lithium battery.

Peth0201 09-27-2021 11:32 AM

Here is where I am at. The Reverse settings and the forward settings are backwards - which means I may have cables backwards. When I select the forward gear to go slower, it's affecting reverse and vice-versa. Does this matter?

if so, Any changes you'd recommend? I have F1 to F1, F2 to F2... etc. I thought I nailed this install.

scottyb 09-27-2021 11:34 AM

Congrats on downloading and installing the swoftware. The max rpm for this motor is 6k. However I doubt the motor can make 6000 rpms at WOT. Most stock motors can not. This number is more of a downhill runaway speed limit.
Collect and share a monitor file with me so I can see what is keeping the cart from reaching it's potential.

Peth0201 09-27-2021 11:44 AM

Thanks, Scotty. It only costed me buying a new computer... haha. Needed one anyways.

It FLIES in reverse and is slower in Forward. When I change the "reverse max speed to 100" it flies going Forward. I have to had screwed up the install somewhere.