Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   1994 club car no spark / then spark (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=68142)

partsman37 08-02-2012 11:25 AM

1994 club car no spark / then spark

need some help, on my 94 I will go to start it after it has sat or got wet, I have no spark, jumper with a screw driver and after cranking 15 to 30 sec I will get spark. Had same problem last year and replaced the coil/igniter. Looks like possible rev limiter ? I did disconnect it last time I had no spark and it didnt change anything. Any Ideas thought about maybe ignition switch. Once it starts it wil run all day.....................

shadowman 08-02-2012 07:00 PM

Re: 1994 club car no spark / then spark

if its a 94 it shouldn,t have coil/ignitor combo it should have ignitor mounted behind the rpm limitor on that bracket and then just a coil..............................8)

partsman37 08-02-2012 08:29 PM

just a black box with a red and black wires coming out of it................. thought that was the rev limiter?

410MAN 08-02-2012 09:01 PM

I have 2003 I think, and same problem, when i put screw driver in to spark plug wire and ground it , takes few times then it sparks so i put wire back on plug and works, sometimes it just dies ansd I can do the spark plug thing then it runs, Also sometimes i can turn key off on 4-5 times then it starts. im not try hijack thread just adding my info.

shadowman 08-03-2012 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by partsman37 (Post 757719)
just a black box with a red and black wires coming out of it................. thought that was the rev limiter?

where the black box is theres a bracket holding it on if you take bracket off you,ll see ignitor on the rear side of that bracket.......its a little bitty thing held on by 1 phillips head screw..............................8)

shadowman 08-03-2012 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 410MAN (Post 757745)
I have 2003 I think, and same problem, when i put screw driver in to spark plug wire and ground it , takes few times then it sparks so i put wire back on plug and works, sometimes it just dies ansd I can do the spark plug thing then it runs, Also sometimes i can turn key off on 4-5 times then it starts. im not try hijack thread just adding my info.

now yours should have coil/ignitor combo....................................8)