Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   '92 carryall with new engine, belt slips even with new belt and motor set far forward (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=26533)

almiper 11-29-2009 08:11 PM

'92 carryall with new engine, belt slips even with new belt and motor set far forward

i have a carryall, it sat for a 6 six month while i rebuilt the engine. now everything works, except the belt slips, clutch seems to be engaging properly, but belt slips under pressure, once it picks up speed runs good, but it has a hard time getting up and going. i replaced the belt, moved the engine as far forward as i could, but still no go.
Any ideas here? thanks in advance. Alex

scottyb 11-29-2009 08:14 PM

Re: '92 carryall with new engine, belt slips even with new belt and motor set far for

WELCOME TO BGW!!!!!!!!!!
That's wierd..... is there a # on the belt? Maybe you got the wrong belt?

almiper 11-30-2009 09:21 AM

Re: '92 carryall with new engine, belt slips even with new belt and motor set far for

the belt is the correct one, i've tried the old one and a new one i bought at the club car dealer for my serial number vehicle... after more troubleshooting seems as if the drive clutch is not opening, so now i gota figure out how to remove it and make it slide. any ideas here?

Thanks again.

Alex

scottyb 11-30-2009 09:35 AM

You will need a puller to remove the drive clutch from Club Car.

almiper 11-30-2009 09:55 AM

is that a specialty tool or can i buy it at an autozone... or similar store?

Thanks again for the quick reply.

Alex

scottyb 11-30-2009 10:36 AM

It is a specialty puller. A bolt within a bolt. It is for the clutch on the engine. The one on the rear doesn't need any special tools.

ckiguy 11-30-2009 11:52 AM

club car part number PART#1014496. ran me around 35 for a bolt with a bolt on it. but well worth the money, other then having to fiddle fart around with rods and bolts to get it out like others say can be done.

Flintrock 11-30-2009 11:57 AM

Sounds like you are talking about the the driven clutch, on the differential?? Take a few pics, may be as simple as a cleaning and greasing....

scottyb 11-30-2009 12:43 PM

You Yamaha guys always want to put grease in the clutch :roll:... ezgo and CC run em dry with plastic wear surfaces in the driven ....:mrgreen: Often the plastic is gone and they are metal to metal by the time anyone complains about them..... ah, for the love of a little preventative maintenance :thumbup:

ckiguy 11-30-2009 03:31 PM

get him scotty!