Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Bypassing RPM Limiter? (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=34615)

mwillis 06-22-2010 08:36 AM

Bypassing RPM Limiter?

I have a 2001 Club Car Gas cart, the rpm limiter is going out because the cart won't start unless you jiggle the black wire coming off of it and then it kicks in. Is there anyway to do away with it or bypass it? THANKS for the help!

invalidsession 06-22-2010 12:02 PM

Re: Bypassing RPM Limiter?

I suppose you could just fix the wire first, it sounds like a poor connection or perhaps broken inside the insulation then remove the ground wire from the limiter and hey presto, no more lagging 8)

Chris.

shadowman 06-22-2010 04:42 PM

you can do as the above post suggest but you need to keep in mind that your gonna st times be over the rpm limits and thats not good on the engine, one to many times and pop goes the engine...................................8)

mwillis 06-23-2010 04:39 PM

I was trying to get around buying a new RPM limiter because it is a sealed part and it was loose inside of limiter, I found out you can't bypass so I bought a new one and cart is running fine now. Thanks

shadowman 06-23-2010 07:04 PM

no not any micro,s will work you need ones that will fit and activate at the right time and have the right # of spade terminals on them however if you have a 3 spade microswitch with only 2 wires going to it you can use that just pay attention and plug wires onto the right spades but just any old microswitch won,t work...........................good luck and let us know how things are progressing.................................8)

NeuroPsyche 07-09-2011 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mwillis (Post 420114)
I have a 2001 Club Car Gas cart, the rpm limiter is going out because the cart won't start unless you jiggle the black wire coming off of it and then it kicks in. Is there anyway to do away with it or bypass it? THANKS for the help!

this is exactly, exactly what is happening to my Club Car... I just wiggle the wires and she goes ... then stops. I didn't take the module off the engine, but I surmise that it's encased in epoxy or something so one probably can't even get into the module to solder a new wire on??? anyone know if it's possible to tear the thing apart to fix?

Where did you get yours may I ask? I probably should just go get one but buying local is too expensive... I'll take a look on eBay first, but if you have any suggestions please write back... Thanks!

(I'm glad to know I'm not the only one this is happening to)...