Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Cart arrives "DOA". (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=156222)

btowndan 08-15-2019 12:15 PM

Cart arrives "DOA".

I have a 2015 TXT 48 here. When you put it in run nothing happens. The solenoid resistor gets burning hot. My handheld ties to power up but just for a second then nothing. I have tested all that I can think of. I don't work on that many TXT 48's so I'm looking for some guidance:shock::shock: once again.

BobBoyce 08-15-2019 12:52 PM

Re: Cart arrives "DOA".

Quote:

Originally Posted by btowndan (Post 1644966)
I have a 2015 TXT 48 here. When you put it in run nothing happens. The solenoid resistor gets burning hot. My handheld ties to power up but just for a second then nothing. I have tested all that I can think of. I don't work on that many TXT 48's so I'm looking for some guidance:shock::shock: once again.

The symptom is the solenoid is not closing, so the resistor is trying to carry all of the current.

btowndan 08-15-2019 01:08 PM

That was our first guess so we tried replacing the solenoid and the resistor. No change. Do you have any idea whats keeping it open? I even sent the controller off to FSIP to check out. Got it back and no change. I've tested key switch, Tow/Run switch.

scottyb 08-15-2019 02:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attached is a diagram for the TXT48. I have highlighted in red every wire that must have 48v POSITIVE present for the solenoid to close. Note the blue wire must have 48v NEGATIVE when the pedal is depressed and you are trying to go. Hope this helps

btowndan 08-15-2019 02:13 PM

Thanks a bunch. Really appreciate ya'll.

nickdalzell1 08-15-2019 03:18 PM

A bad controller with failing internal capacitors can cause a cherry red hot resistor as well. When I find out the resistor melted or is glowing red, I always suspect controller.

btowndan 08-15-2019 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickdalzell1 (Post 1645031)
A bad controller with failing internal capacitors can cause a cherry red hot resistor as well. When I find out the resistor melted or is glowing red, I always suspect controller.

We thought as well. That's why I had it checked at FSIP to see. It was fine. As soon as you hit the run switch the voltage drops off a bunch. Chasing down all the controller wires now for continuity and correct voltage.

btowndan 08-15-2019 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottyb (Post 1645000)
Attached is a diagram for the TXT48. I have highlighted in red every wire that must have 48v POSITIVE present for the solenoid to close. Note the blue wire must have 48v NEGATIVE when the pedal is depressed and you are trying to go. Hope this helps

The pedal box wire is green in this cart. I have continuity from the its to the controller. But "zero" volts. micro switch checks fine. Am I missing something here?

btowndan 08-16-2019 09:02 AM

OK,
After not being able to find why I'm not getting voltage out of the controller as needed. I was able to jump the negative side of the solenoid and with the key on and run/tow in run the handheld powers up and the cart runs??? Turn the key off and everything shuts down and back to where I started. Now what??:help:

scottyb 08-16-2019 09:15 AM

The controller provides solenoid (-) for activation. If not, see diagram,the controller has failed