Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Three wheeler tricks? (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=8354)

CB83 09-16-2008 10:11 AM

Three wheeler tricks?

Is there any hting cool that you can do to a three wheel cart?
I dont imagine you can put a lift on them but I just wondered if there was any thing else worth doing. Lets hear some thoughts. Pictures would be nice too. Thanks

birdmandave 09-16-2008 02:18 PM

Re: Three wheeler tricks?

I did a lift on mine and added 4 wheeler tires.....

CB83 09-16-2008 02:26 PM

Does it make it tippy or un stable

Rodger's Rides 09-16-2008 07:19 PM

you could replace it with aq four wheeled cart! LOL. Just kidding. I used mine for a donner for my build, other than that I have no clue. I have used the rear ends for other projects but not a cart.

gornoman 09-16-2008 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CB83 (Post 94925)
Is there any thing cool that you can do to a three wheel cart?

Target practice.

birdmandave 09-16-2008 08:03 PM

No it really does not but of course it does respond like a 3 wheeler and has to be taken with care

Goat53 09-16-2008 08:27 PM

I have 3 carts #1 - ezgo 3 wheel , #2 - ezgo - 4 wheel 3 - Hyundai w/ briggs 18 in it , also have 4 grandchildren and they all fight to get to the 3 wheeler first . it turns tighter than the others and can do trails better .

Monsterezgokid 09-16-2008 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CB83 (Post 94925)
Is there any hting cool that you can do to a three wheel cart?

Yea, Jump it!:thumbup:

If you dont want to do that, just upgrade it to 48V or more. then it will be a 3 wheeled coffin8) it all depends if you lead footed:lol:

birdmandave 09-17-2008 07:43 AM

How do I need to upgrade to do this.........and what motors to you think will work . I spent last night looking and there are so many.........I think 20 MPH needs to be the fastest......, but I will use it to haul stuff........and hunt..............so I do not need it to burn alot of the batteries up becouse I may be a way from the truck........Thinking about adding a volt meter to watch the power level..........Where would you connect that
thansk Dave

scottyb 09-17-2008 08:01 AM

The old 3 wheeler is a resistor cart...a series of electrical resistor coils waste amperage to regulate the power to the motor to achieve speed control. I say that because while hunting for birds.....Extended slow operation will produce extreeme heat on the low speed coil. Be mindful of driving into tall dry brush or grass (where the birds like it) under these conditions the coils can be red hot. ;-) Hope this helps avoid trouble....

The three wheelers do turn sharper and were very popular in the warehouse or anywhere where turning space is limited. We always caution against speed or lift enhancement for safety reasons of course.....