Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Pedal clicks but no movement (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=34205)

Tracireal8or 06-12-2010 03:38 PM

Pedal clicks but no movement

I just recently bought a 2001 EZGO series model TXT. Changed all wires to 4g ran great. Batteries all show a great charge no issues there. I went to back up out of garage and then when I went to place it in Forward it will not go. Now it wont move in either direction. I can hear the Pedal click and feel it. Could this be the FNR or Controller? I also have 38 v batteries all test great power throughout. ANy ideas as to what this could be? Need help Please!!

scottyb 06-12-2010 03:42 PM

Re: Pedal clicks but no movement

Recheck all of your cable connections.

Tracireal8or 06-12-2010 03:50 PM

All cable connections check out. I just was checking solenoid and noticed it looks like it was running hot the protective case the controler wires sit in look to be a little metal all wires are good though. Could this be from the solenoid ? Maybe it got too hot and not working? Could the solenoid be bad if I still hear a clicking sound when the petal is pushed?

Tracireal8or 06-12-2010 04:10 PM

Did Diagnostic testing on Solenoid and reading comes out to be: battery side is 39.8 and the controller side is 39.1. Does the solenoid need to be replaced? Or maybe the resistor?

rabbitreborn 06-12-2010 06:32 PM

you said there appeared to be melting on the loom? get a flashlight and check behind the resistor under the solenoid. E-Z-Go had an issue for a short period of time with Resistors that would get extremely hot and literally melt a hole in the front of the controller. If this is the case with yours, you are going to have to replace the controller and the resistor.

shadowman 06-12-2010 07:41 PM

does cart have a run/tow switch??............................8)

Tracireal8or 06-13-2010 08:39 AM

No It does not have a Run/Tow Switch. I was told it was a series model. Does it sound like it could be the solenoid, even if I can hear it click? What would be a starting point to buy items to start narrowing this out of all checks out with rssistor and controller not being effected? a new FNR switch?

scottyb 06-13-2010 09:01 AM

It is possible that the solenoid can click and still be bad. Did you check for burnt wires under the controller cover?

Tracireal8or 06-13-2010 09:23 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Yes we checked that no burnt wires . But on the side of the solenoid near bateries it looks as though there is some black around the solenoid? Not sure if it was there before but I will attach an image of it? Could this be bad and still?

scottyb 06-13-2010 10:00 AM

Is that something that has oozed out of the solenoid!? If so, the solenoid is suspect ~ for sure