Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Hitting my head on CC roof! Lifting roof suggestions? (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=66270)

sandbag3 06-25-2012 12:26 PM

Hitting my head on CC roof! Lifting roof suggestions?

I keep hitting my head on the CC. Is there anything out there on modifications (ala raising the roof) before I start to cut and weld?:wambulance:

shadowman 06-25-2012 01:23 PM

Re: Hitting my head on CC roof! Lifting roof suggestions?

take it off and put a sport windshield on....:thumbup:................8)

0517murphy 06-25-2012 01:34 PM

Seat belts, maybe:lhmo::lhmo:

ClubCarDude 06-25-2012 01:35 PM

Throwing my hands up fo ya! Raise the Roof! LMAO

Serioulsy man i dont know an easy way to raise the roof up... I think your goign to have to get all MacGuyver on it!

sandbag3 06-25-2012 02:03 PM

Oh no, I want the roof but just need to raise it a bit...

sandbag3 06-25-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0517murphy (Post 742011)
Seat belts, maybe:lhmo::lhmo:

Am I the only one that has to duck under the roof to get in? I'm only 5'11. It is a standard CC!

0517murphy 06-25-2012 02:17 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by sandbag3 (Post 742025)
Am I the only one that has to duck under the roof to get in? I'm only 5'11. It is a standard CC!

maybe a lift kit will do the trick, mine didn't have a roof,so built a roll cage with grab handles made in,big mistake:oops:just about knocked my head off one time, so back in the shop too cut them off:lhmo::lhmo:before and after

sandbag3 06-25-2012 02:28 PM

I was thinking of cutting the A pillars and welding in some square steel to the make the correct elevation. I may be able to just loosen the rear B pillars and rotate it up.

The roof is already at a slight angle to for runoff but only cutting the front may result in too extreme of an roof pitch and will probably have to cut the back ones as well or just put in a filler there.

I was just wondering if anyone out there has done this before I get started...

0517murphy 06-25-2012 08:00 PM

I'm only at 5'9", but a friend has a stock cc, and i hit my hat a few times, on the other hand that guy is 6'6" or better ,and owns 2 smart cars go figure:lhmo: I would think you could maybe raise it a couple inches by using a spacers under the front where it connects to the front cowl, then add something to the bottom of the seat brackets . just a thought:thumbup:

wbwood 06-26-2012 06:10 PM

I'm 5'10" and I have no issues. I don't see that a couple more inches would make a difference. How are you getting into it? Lol