Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Lithium batteries conversion or D/C to A/C Navitas Conversion Kit (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=187090)

JayLow123 10-04-2022 07:58 PM

Lithium batteries conversion or D/C to A/C Navitas Conversion Kit

Quick question, if you were to convert a cart… would you go to lithium battery conversion kit and keep the Navitas 440 control system or do a Navitas d/c to a/c conversion? Lithium battery conversion and a/c kit is just too expensive.

Volt_Ampere 10-04-2022 08:52 PM

Re: Lithium batteries conversion or D/C to A/C Navitas Conversion Kit

Lithium all the way for me.

Croqezgo 10-05-2022 12:23 AM

Lithium first for sure

HOYT9 10-05-2022 06:53 AM

I agree go lithium first. I converted to AC first and when I did I was not happy with my battery life span when I was traveling at higher speeds. It cut my range way down.

jasonojordan 10-05-2022 07:00 AM

Id go lithium 1st. That way you can enjoy and tangibly see the difference it offers you over lead acid when coupled with the navitas controller.

CorpusChristiKid 10-05-2022 08:25 AM

The lithium conversion is such a game changer you might decide you don't really need AC.

Volt_Ampere 10-05-2022 09:37 AM

You can always do AC in the future if your existing motor and controller are good.

adrianp89 10-05-2022 10:14 AM

I think it depends on your current set up. I had a 36v Series cart so the switch to AC was pretty big. Lithium is next for me.

orangeman6 10-11-2022 02:55 PM

Another vote for lithium. I took my 36v series cart to what’s in my description and haven’t thought about the ac conversion since. My buddy just got a li rxv and had it programmed by our local guy. I thought he’d outrun me uphill, but I’m passing him. Don’t think they went close to max settings on his programming, but fact is you can make your cart a rocket without ac.

bronsonj 10-12-2022 12:40 PM

Lithium fo sho. Especially now that there are so many lithium options out there.

Less weight, greater range, no more maintenance, no more acid rotting the frame, much better acceleration with Lithium. So many advantages that AC may be a moot point.