Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Shoutout to ScottyB! New Controller and loving this cart! (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=110629)

bakerm07 09-14-2015 07:15 AM

Shoutout to ScottyB! New Controller and loving this cart!

1 Attachment(s)
Hey everyone I just wanted to throw a shoutout to ScottyB and all of the help he has provided me. I am newish to the golf cart world with purchasing my first one ever in June 2015.

I purchased a 2008 Club Car Precedent, with four 12 volt batteries. 6" lift, 14" wheels, and 23" Tires. Soon after I bought the cart I had to bite the bullet and put new batteries in it. In the town I live in you can drive a cart on the streets. Theres a decent amount of hills in the city and I could tell the stock controller wasn't going to cut it!

Originally went with the Madjax Torque controller but wasn't impressed. It was a cheap made setup with the first one they sent me connector coming off before I even got it installed. Plus, when driving the "On the Fly programmer" would constantly beep, and well that was annoying. So I sent it back to Madjax and started looking around. After everyone's recommendations I spoke to ScottyB and he got me fixed up with the new Alltrax XCT400IQ, we also decided I could benefit with the fan kit. So got it on the way and got it installed. Also I have ScottyB's 400amp Heavy duty Solenoid, upgraded to 2 Gauge wires, and a new set of batteries.

Lets Just say I am impressed! Considerable more amount of torque to get me through the hills of my town and icing on the cake, I am now consistently seeing 27-28 mph on level ground!

If anyone is looking for a controller to give your cart new life, give ScottyB a call. And again Scotty thank you for helping with all of my many questions, and answering back super fast on all of the emails I've sent you!

Comanche250 09-14-2015 07:51 AM

Re: Shoutout to ScottyB! New Controller and loving this cart!

Are you still running stock motor and getting those speeds?

bakerm07 09-14-2015 09:09 AM

I sure am! I was going to do the plum quick bandit also but I don't think I need it now!

AWandKW 09-14-2015 08:49 PM

Installed the same controller a month ago and love it! I added D&D torque motor form scottyb and its REALLY a monster now! I didn't lose any top speed and gained a ton of torque.

I second the recommendation on the controller and highly recommend the upgraded motor also!

Hell - even my wife admits the cart is a lot more fun now and upgrades where worth it. :lhmo:

bakerm07 09-15-2015 05:09 AM

Well I may end up having to also do that later! Thanks AWandKW! When your wife admits it, you know you've done something right! :lol:

Cruise Master 09-15-2015 08:33 AM

What was the ballpark cost for all those sparky upgrades?

bakerm07 09-15-2015 08:35 AM

I had ScottyB work me out a custom package, so to not tell you wrong, i'll let him comment on that!

scottyb 09-15-2015 10:42 AM

XCT controller packages run between $500 - $900 depending upon the size of the control and solenoid and which options are added like fan kit, flex mount, or cable set. Motor runs $530. Email me for bids at scottyb@cartsunlimited.net

SilverWolf 09-15-2015 04:14 PM

bakerm07, it is unfortunate that you have moved on and that we did not have an opportunity to address your concerns with the Torque Controller. We don’t have many issues with our Products, so when something does happen we appreciate the feedback…

We are curious how a 400 Amp controller (of any Brand) will provide more Torque and more Speed (28mph) than our 600 Amp controller. You may want to keep an eye on your Stock Motor temperature.

The OTF allows the driver to adjust the Range, Acceleration, Regenerative Braking and Speed of the cart while it is being driven… Sort of like Cruise Control.

In fact, you can limit the maximum speed and key-lock it if you lend your cart to some one who really shouldn’t be going 28 mph in a lifted Golf cart.

BTW… the “beep” you heard is a diagnostic tool that can be easily disabled

Thanks again for your feedback… we take your comments seriously

bakerm07 09-15-2015 04:20 PM

I have plenty of Madjax items on my cart and am still very happy with the company but maybe it just wasn't a good fit for me. I contacted one of the gentlemen at Madjax who told me there was no way to turn that beep off, so I took his word for it, and that beep annoyed the heck out of me lol. As far as torque, there was no lack of torque but the torque was jerky. The Alltrax's torque is smooth as glass. Also like I said the on the fly programmers connector I don't feel is very well made. The first one came apart, and Madjax was very nice about replacing it but even the second one didn't seem like it would take much to separate. I just had to make sure I was very careful when reinstalling it. Like I said still love Madjax products, but I feel the Alltrax suits me better!