Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Pro-Fit Deluxe Light Kit for RXV (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=188520)

rob_c28 01-24-2023 03:37 PM

Pro-Fit Deluxe Light Kit for RXV

1 Attachment(s)
Hopefully you guys can help with this particular light kit as finding it on the internet has been rather limited.

I was given this to to be installed on the golf cart as a replacement to what it already had. I installed the kit and all is fine.

In the directions it says that it can be hooked up via 48v or with a voltage reducer at 12v. I currently have it hooked up at 48v because i do not have a voltage reducer purchased and installed just yet.

Is there any harm being done to my batteries at the moment with it being hooked up via 48V?

Also I am trying to find a horn and turn signal setup that will work with this Harness is anyone aware of one? I have attached a picture of the instructions if that helps.

usgicollector 01-24-2023 04:24 PM

Re: Pro-Fit Deluxe Light Kit for RXV

If it calls for 12v and you're hooking up 48v to it you're going to blow those light.

rob_c28 01-24-2023 04:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by usgicollector (Post 1926516)
If it calls for 12v and you're hooking up 48v to it you're going to blow those light.

So the kit says it can be hooked up either way.

SouthCo 01-24-2023 05:07 PM

I don’t read that as saying hook the lights to 48v. It says if a 48v cart and no converter to connect the red wire to the most positive battery terminal and connect the black wire to the most negative battery terminal. What are the most negative and positive terminals lol…?

A converter is better but many run lights without. Just connect the lights to the positive and negative terminals of one battery (I’m assuming u have four 12v batteries).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

meimk 01-24-2023 05:55 PM

"Most positive" & "most negative" = pack + and pack -. In other words 48 volts. Most LED lights are fine on 48 volts, some are good to 60 volts. Once you start adding a turn signal flasher, horn, USB or lighter plug it might become a problem.

Volt_Ampere 01-24-2023 08:39 PM

I would clarify things for sure before hooking them to 48V directly. Most carts that I have seen with 4 x 12V batteries hook the lights to one of the batteries! Others have a 48V to 12V reducer.

rob_c28 01-24-2023 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere (Post 1926546)
I would clarify things for sure before hooking them to 48V directly. Most carts that I have seen with 4 x 12V batteries hook the lights to one of the batteries! Others have a 48V to 12V reducer.

Well i have had it hooked up and operational for about 2 months. Guess i have to jump in and order a voltage reducer just to be safe.

My plan was to get this with a fuse box... Any recommendation for what gauge wire i should use for input and Output connections?

Voltage Reducer

Volt_Ampere 01-24-2023 09:44 PM

If it's hooked up and working, then it was designed to work on 48V. Otherwise, you would have immediately let the magic smoke out. :-)

SouthCo 01-25-2023 08:13 AM

Pro-Fit Deluxe Light Kit for RXV

Quote:

Originally Posted by meimk (Post 1926525)
"Most positive" & "most negative" = pack + and pack -. In other words 48 volts. Most LED lights are fine on 48 volts, some are good to 60 volts. Once you start adding a turn signal flasher, horn, USB or lighter plug it might become a problem.

Good to know. Never saw that term before..

Sounds like they’ve been working fine for OP for months which is also good.

OP, since the lights are pulling from the entire pack, it won’t cause an imbalance in any individual battery so you should be fine. Hopefully you can find a horn and signal setup to work with what already have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

meimk 01-25-2023 09:45 AM

I have seen kits that now have the choice of 48 volt horn & USB sockets. I'm guessing the turn signals for those kits would also be OK at 48 volts, but might be worth asking before you place an order.