Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   06 club car ds problem (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=154800)

Lgsoccer1105 07-07-2019 02:50 PM

06 club car ds problem

Trying to figure out my issue on a club car ds. I just picked it back up from my old house where it sat for awhile, has 6 brand new 8 volt batteries that are still holding charge. Cart will go maybe 50 ft in forward or reverse then it shuts off, almost like a jerk then completely stops. If I let it sit for a little while it will do the same thing, about 50 ft then jerks and stops. Any recommendations are appreciated!

Fairtax4me 07-07-2019 03:00 PM

Re: 06 club car ds problem

How long did it sit?
How do you know the batteries are holding a charge?
Need to put a Voltmeter on the pack and see how far the voltage is dropping when the batteries are under load. Sounds like the pack is not holding a charge, and it’s falling flat on its face when it’s under load.

NoleFan4Ever 07-07-2019 08:05 PM

I'm with FT4M. Get that DVM to the pack and onto the seat and see what you are getting when it quits. If it is not that, there are some tests we can do at the time it quits.

Lgsoccer1105 07-20-2019 11:29 AM

Just getting around to testing the voltage on my batteries.. at the start I had 50.2 v then drove it until it completely stopped again and it dropped to 49.7v...unhooked each battery and never got a lower reading than 8.37v on each battery.. any other suggestions out there I can try? Thanks everyone!!

LabRat 07-20-2019 11:39 AM

What may benefit you is to load test each battery. example put the volt meter on just on battery, alligator clips helps, place the meter where you can read it while running the cart. repeat for all batteries, sure does sound like one' if not more of your batteries are dropping out under load. A bad battery may show good voltage at rest, but you gotta read them under load. "Sitting for a while" makes me lazy so just image what a battery feels like...enjoy the fun

Lgsoccer1105 07-20-2019 11:43 AM

What other tests do you suggest I can try or do you think I still have a battery issue?

LabRat 07-20-2019 12:04 PM

Verify the health of your Battery pack, which include the cables. The DIY can pick up a battery load unit at several stores. The DS could take up to 16 to fully charge. Check out the manufacturer date for you batteries, just an opinion but if old batteries have been sitting around for a while they may not have any life left

Lgsoccer1105 07-20-2019 12:16 PM

I have 3 batteries dated at 5/17 and 3 at 3/17

bobwalter 07-20-2019 07:30 PM

If the cart “set for awhile” since the batteries were “brand new” they could have set for two years. If they set without use or maintenance/charging for that long, you may need another set. What brand are they and what is the warranty? Try charging them for sixteen hours. Then try driving again. If you are lucky, they might charge. Good luck.