Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Speed code 4 not working (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=147266)

joshals 10-23-2018 07:34 PM

Speed code 4 not working

Recently had my 2010 Club Car Precedent upgraded to SC4. I was originally told that the batteries were not at full charge and that this was the reason for the slower speeds (haven't gone above 15 mph w/the code upgrade).

I've read a few posts about the MCOR causing issues but mine doesn't seem to have any lag and isn't cutting out. Any ideas?

teecro 10-23-2018 07:51 PM

Re: Speed code 4 not working

Are you sure you actually got a Speed Code 4 upgrade? How much did you pay, who did it? There should now be a sticker applied to the controller stating that it is SC4.

Weak batteries as well as dragging brakes and/or tire inflation and wheel bearings all can slow you down.

joshals 10-23-2018 07:58 PM

I'm sure it isn't a battery issue, 48v system and I just replaced the batteries with Trojans. The tires are all inflated and wheels don't have any "drag" when propped off the ground.

There was no sticker after the speed upgrade. Received the upgrade from a local cart upgrade shop. I paid $300 with a new speed sensor after the programmer indicated it was faulty.

Thanks

WalterM6 10-23-2018 08:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is what the sticker should looks like. Sorry for the poor picture but it is placed in the glove compartment. It should be right next to your vehicle ID#

teecro 10-23-2018 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshals (Post 1552897)
I'm sure it isn't a battery issue, 48v system and I just replaced the batteries with Trojans. The tires are all inflated and wheels don't have any "drag" when propped off the ground.

There was no sticker after the speed upgrade. Received the upgrade from a local cart upgrade shop. I paid $300 with a new speed sensor after the programmer indicated it was faulty.

Thanks

Not to question you but was/is the local cart upgrade shop an actual Club Car Shop? The speed code 4 has to be acquired from Club Car itself and unless I'm mistaken can only be done by an actual authorized service center. Whereas speed code 3 can be done by anyone who has a Curtis Programmer.

joshals 10-23-2018 08:57 PM

Good question. Is there any way Club Car would release that information to me?

ag4ever 10-23-2018 08:59 PM

I had mine upgraded several years ago, and don’t have any stickers on the cart showing codes. None at the dash, and none at the controller cover.

Mine was done at a club car dealer.

So, I would not automatically say it was not done just because there is no sticker.

That being said, even with bad batteries at 50% charge, my cart would still make it to 19 mph, it would take a long time to get there, but it would make it. That tells me there is a very good chance it was not programmed with the right code.

NoleFan4Ever 10-23-2018 09:18 PM

If you want to make sure the MCOR is working correctly AND your throttle is reaching 100%, do the following:
With the batteries connected, Tow/Run switch in Run; place the black (–) probe on packs main Negative post and the red (+) probe on the yellow wire at the 3-pin connector near the MCOR or at the Controller. (The reading should be approximately ~0.32 - .5vdc with the pedal up). Slowly press the Go Pedal and the readings should increase gradually until it reaches ~4.65 - 5vdc when the pedal is fully depressed. (Anything less than 4.60vdc and you are not reaching full throttle).

And I have had a few SC4's over the years, they have always worked exactly as stated unless I had a weak pack that could not get me there or an MCOR that was not reaching 100% throttle.