Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Yamaha (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   G19 Troubles (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=7319)

tunafish 08-14-2008 12:07 PM

G19 Troubles

i am new to the forum and need help. i have a 96 g-19 stretch that i have put 2 controllers on and it still will not go. i have also changed the solenoid and you can jump the post with the switch on rev. and it starts beeping then oress the accelerator and the beeps change. does anybody have a clue as to what it can be?

rusty 08-14-2008 08:08 PM

Re: G19 Troubles

Welcome to the forum tunafish.....................

It doesn't sound right, but some of the Yamaha guys will have to help out on this one.

THUNDERBASES 08-25-2008 11:49 AM

try checking your throttle position sensor. Disconnect the three wire conn. to the sensor [ blue,black and orange wiring harness] Check the resistance across the sensor side of the connector. A good sensor will check out as follows> blue to black>5000 ohms pedal in any position.
orange to black> best to use an analog meter> The readingshould vary from 0 to 150 ohms with accelerator @ rest. up to 5000 ohms with accelerator fully depressed. Hope this helps.:thumbup:

tunafish 09-08-2008 08:53 AM

Everything Checked Out On The Tps. Put Another Rbuilt Controller On And It Ran For 3 Days And Died Again. Can A Motor Short Out A Controller?

THUNDERBASES 09-08-2008 11:57 AM

it sounds to me like you have a bad motor. have you checked for loose conn.
@the controller and @ the motor terminals. A loose conn. will cause the motor to pull more current in turn burning up your controller. Also a bad brush or brush holder or connection on the brush holder will cause high current. Check to make sure everything is tight, keep me updated.

tunafish 09-19-2008 09:58 AM

I Have Put A New Alltrax Controller And A D&d Motor On. I Wired It Up And Now It Want Do Anything. The People Who Stretched The Cart Used Some Wierd Looking Cables . Can The Cables Cause An Issue ?

THUNDERBASES 09-19-2008 10:21 AM

re you talking about the wire going to the motor? If you are, I suggest changing the wire that goes to the motor. If replaced the old motor and controller with a higher amperage controller, you need to change wire anyway. In other words change the motor wire anyway. You went to the trouble of anew motor and controller, why not do it right?? What size controller and motor did you get? I am thinking of upgrading mine? Keep me posted. Wait e-mail me with the details, you've got me curious now.

tunafish 09-19-2008 01:37 PM

we figured it out. the place we bought the controller from installed the adapter on it and did not put it on correctly. the cart works great now. if i can help let me know and thanks for all your help.

THUNDERBASES 09-22-2008 07:21 AM

:thumbup:Good, I am glad you found your problem. Again where and what amperage controller and what motor did you get?? No need to thaqnk me, that is what we are all here for, to help each other. HAPPY CARTING!!!!

tunafish 09-22-2008 12:01 PM

i put a 300 amp alltrax, and a d&d 13.7 hp motor on it.