Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   I want to do wheelies (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=148034)

LuckyPenny 11-21-2018 03:44 PM

I want to do wheelies

Looking for not much more speed but wheelies off the line. Was looking at Alltrax 500 controller and fsip BT motor and fnks to have the option to be less aggressive for the wife and kids. Has anyone tried this? Or any other opinions on what you have done? I have a 2011 Ezgo txt 48v sepex. Thanks in advance

BobBoyce 11-21-2018 06:14 PM

Re: I want to do wheelies

It would be so much easier (and less expensive) if you had an RXV with a Curtis controller....

WalterM6 11-22-2018 08:27 PM

I understand that if you lose 200-300 lbs with a lithium upgrade you can do wheelies off the line. Probably get the hole shot too.

BobBoyce 11-22-2018 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WalterM6 (Post 1561961)
I understand that if you lose 200-300 lbs with a lithium upgrade you can do wheelies off the line. Probably get the hole shot too.

The RXV can do wheelies even with the lead/acid battery pack, you just have to turn accel up to a lot quicker. About 0.5s will do it with most stock tire Curtis equipped RXVs that have been reprogrammed for performance. With a lithium pack, it only takes about half of that accel rate to do the same.

A TXT48 with a reprogrammed stock Curtis controller won't do that even at 0.4s... I'm sure that scottyb can come up with a solution! A combination of a torque motor and a high current Alltrax controller/solenoid with 2 guage cables might do the trick...

NCPW 11-23-2018 09:05 AM

Or pick up a series cart with a torque motor and big controller.

With my old FLA batteries and a fresh charge my cart could pop a good wheelie with my 700 amp FSIP controller and high torque D&D motor. Now, with my lithium pack it's just too easy but I don't like wheelies. Too rough on the cart.

scottyb 11-23-2018 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCPW (Post 1562008)
Or pick up a series cart with a torque motor and big controller.

With my old FLA batteries and a fresh charge my cart could pop a good wheelie with my 700 amp FSIP controller and high torque D&D motor. Now, with my lithium pack it's just too easy but I don't like wheelies. Too rough on the cart.

I agree - no better way to break stuff than to keep twisting the rear suspension and slamming the front end down on the ground. Fun like that will cost you in the long run IMHO

yurtle 11-23-2018 01:02 PM

Fun the first couple of times, then just when friends say "pop a wheelie". Then after a few stripped hubs...

With a rear seat and passengers, you be surprised at how little it takes to drag the foot rest.

Gearhead1956 11-23-2018 03:30 PM

Doing WHEELIES is more about chassis and weight transfer them power :wink:

Make the rear squat and the front lift 8)

Your bound to tear some things up!

But hey, boys have to have their FUN.8)

EzgoTXT2002 11-23-2018 09:35 PM

I'm in with the "tear things up" crowd.
No sense in sky wheelies to spend time in the shop fixing a goof or buying parts from continually slapping the front end down.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

BobBoyce 11-24-2018 03:28 AM

Exactly why I tune for no wheelies... The potential for damage is too great.