Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   precedent- stomp pedal twice for forward? (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=120823)

smokey tennis shoe 07-23-2016 01:22 PM

precedent- stomp pedal twice for forward?

Got a 2007 precedent. Cart seems to run fine, but i notice that everytime i put in reverse, then to forward, i have to step on pedal 2 times before it will go.

Once i am in forward, and cart goes, it will go everytime in forward with only 1 pedal stomp, until i go in reverse. Once i go to reverse, then everytime it takes 2 pedal stomps to go forward.

Also, reverse will always only take 1 pedal stomp to go in reverse.

Anyone have this with their precedent? Any idea why this is?

Luke Duke 07-23-2016 04:27 PM

Make sure that your foot is completely off of the accelerator when you shift from R to F.

mrgolf 07-23-2016 04:46 PM

Re: precedent- stomp pedal twice for forward?

I'll bet Luke just nailed it. The pedal is not coming all the way back up.

smokey tennis shoe 07-24-2016 10:56 AM

ok i will make sure that is the case next time. I will actually be surprised if that is the case, because if i pull in a driveway, and get out of the cart for a few minutes, then get back in and push reverse, cart goes first time / everytime. So i reverse out into the street, and put in forward, then the 2 pedal stomp has to be done.

Now if i pull up , get out, then back in, and cart is still in forward, 1 stomp is all that is needed.

Can you tell me why you think this is the issue? I mean is there some sort of safety or something , for some reason, for going for reverse to forward? How about from forward to reverse?

thank you for any help and for your time.

Sergio 07-24-2016 11:33 AM

Flip the outside wires on the FNR and see if the problem changes, meaning now You have to stomp twice when the cart goes from forward to reverse.

It could be a mechanical issue with the FNR switch where it is not stopping at neutral and momentarily providing Forward and Reverse signals to the controller when You switch from Reverse to Forward.

smokey tennis shoe 07-24-2016 01:31 PM

I will try that. Thanks Sergio

mway 07-28-2016 06:47 AM

In my limited experience CC has had for years a throttle issue.I eventually had to change the whole brake/throttle module to correct problems I was having. That problem was only achieving 65% throttle capacity. Expensive replacement but solved my issue.

smokey tennis shoe 07-28-2016 10:19 AM

What is a brake /throttle module? Can you explain or post a picture? I never heard of one??

Thanks