Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Speedy Link? (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=39959)

easydoesit 10-17-2010 07:20 AM

Speedy Link?

Came across a BGW sponsor claiming that the "speedy link" device will give your CC IQ a 5 mph boost. So I figure that if my CC is doing 20 mph with hs code and lift, then I should do 25 once I plug in the speedy link. Heck, once I get my purple motor, add another 5-6 additional mph and I'll be running at warp speed!! Does anyone have the speedy gadget installed in their ride?

thx

FIXEROFCARTS 10-17-2010 08:13 AM

Re: Speedy Link?

It doesnt work like that. If you are doing 15, it will take you to 19, no improvement over that. Its basicly a code 4 plug in for 150 bucks where you could go to the dealer and get the code 4 for 100 bucks.

roady89 10-17-2010 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FIXEROFCARTS (Post 468207)
It doesnt work like that. If you are doing 15, it will take you to 19, no improvement over that. Its basicly a code 4 plug in for 150 bucks where you could go to the dealer and get the code 4 for 100 bucks.

Actually, the speedy link is $119.95 and you don't have to load the cart up on the trailer and drag it to the dealer to get it programmed. Appreciate your concern though.

Have a nice day

easy, check this post. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...tml#post468245

easydoesit 10-17-2010 10:40 AM

In that case, I'd rather take my cart to the CC dealership and have them reprogram to speed code 4 for $100 rather then paying $120 to fool the motor by interrupting the line with this link. Once that device goes bad then you will end up paying another $100 to get it reprogrammed. Why go with an aftermarket rig when you can do it the right way with the people who designed the cart to begin with. Just thought it would add another 5 mph to my upgraded IQ (with the speed code 4).

roady89 10-17-2010 03:23 PM

Your assuming the device will go bad. Chances of the device going bad are probly as likely as needing to reprogram speed code 4.....but, to each his own. In EITHER case there are no guarantees you'll get 25 MPH.

easydoesit 10-17-2010 05:40 PM

just thought it would be better getting the controller reprogrammed by CC rather then getting an after market product to do the same, or at least claims that is does the same. We can agree to disagree, just my opinion.

FIXEROFCARTS 10-17-2010 06:11 PM

Just wait a little longer, as it is listed on some sites at 149, but it is now "on sale" 119.00, soon it will be 99, then 89. Its only a couple of connectors, I dont really think it needed some aero space guy to develope it.

redberanclubcar 10-17-2010 07:23 PM

I think it looks like a great product...I plan on getting one. It seems a lot easier than taking it to a dealer...plus you can remove it and re-install it at any time. I`d like to have a hidden on/off switch for it so it is only on when I need it , and off when the kids are using it...

roady89 10-17-2010 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redberanclubcar (Post 468402)
I think it looks like a great product...I plan on getting one. It seems a lot easier than taking it to a dealer...plus you can remove it and re-install it at any time. I`d like to have a hidden on/off switch for it so it is only on when I need it , and off when the kids are using it...

Just a word of caution. DO NOT flip the switch while it's powered up. Thats a sure way to fry something. Not saying it WILL but theres no sense in taking any chances.

gornoman 10-17-2010 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FIXEROFCARTS (Post 468360)
Just wait a little longer, as it is listed on some sites at 149, but it is now "on sale" 119.00, soon it will be 99, then 89. Its only a couple of connectors, I dont really think it needed some aero space guy to develope it.

...and pretty soon golf cart mechanics might be replaced with low-payed illegals who do a decent job for less money forcing you out of business and into a new line of work.