Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   squeaky front part of C C (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=155910)

bsa_bob 08-06-2019 08:18 AM

squeaky front part of C C

Igreased my 2002 couple days ago. i wound up with a squeak when you rock the cart back and forth ..side to side.I shot wd40everywhere .......still got it.My noise probe testor shows its coming from the spring pad area.Has anyone run acrossed this problem before?I tightened down the front spring clamp. not helping Throw out some ideas if you would...........I will try- about anything thinking; this maybe looking at this woe as common problem in an older cart???? thanks for help !! :help: bob s

TahoeDawgZ71 08-06-2019 10:49 AM

Re: squeaky front part of C C

Typically this comes from dried out bushings. The factory bushings are polyurethane and are somewhat self-lubricating until they get old and dry. Then they'll start to squeak. This could be either the spring bushings or the control arm bushings, or both. If you've installed aftermarket rubber bushings in the front end at some point in the past, then it's definitely an issue.

powerandglory 08-06-2019 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 (Post 1642184)
Typically this comes from dried out bushings. The factory bushings are polyurethane and are somewhat self-lubricating until they get old and dry. Then they'll start to squeak. This could be either the spring bushings or the control arm bushings, or both. If you've installed aftermarket rubber bushings in the front end at some point in the past, then it's definitely an issue.

On my current build I used rubber bushings for the new HD leafs. For some reason the polyurethane ones were too tight of a fit. Will the rubber ones give me a problem in the future?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TahoeDawgZ71 08-06-2019 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by powerandglory (Post 1642199)
On my current build I used rubber bushings for the new HD leafs. For some reason the polyurethane ones were too tight of a fit. Will the rubber ones give me a problem in the future?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe, maybe not. It has a lot to do with the environment you're in and how quickly they dry out. There are also several different rubber bushings out there. Some of them are better than others.

bsa_bob 08-07-2019 07:48 AM

How many are there [bushings} Will order them-Seems like -wd40 would make a difference .remotely." As i said-- i used a [ noise probe- and the noise was much louder ~ as i pointed the probe -at the cross leaf saddle-spring mounting .Is there a kit? Mine are rubber bushed? and are a little sloppy !!When you look at them. Iwent out and turned the steering wheel all the way to the left .Have really loud squeaking noise at that point. stepped on the cart, and bounce it up and down, is when i hears the noise the most ?
bob s

TahoeDawgZ71 08-07-2019 07:32 PM

Quanity 4: 101558302 Urethane Bushing, Soft
Quantity 2 - 1012303 Sleeve, Spring
Quantity 12 - 1016346 Urethane Bushing, Control Arm
Quantity 4 - 1016349 Inner Sleeve, Control Arm
Quantity 2 - 1016350 Outer Sleeve, Control Arm

If you would like to do the rear springs and upper shackle bushings you'll need to add 12 more of the 101558302 bushings and 6 more of the 1012303 sleeves.

brett92 08-08-2019 09:56 AM

My 2015 Precedent squeaks during side-to-side movements - Grabbing the front roof strut and shaking recreates the noise. On my cart it appears to be the control arm bushings. I spray them with rubber-safe penetrating oil and the noise stays gone for 3-4 weeks.

Hunter450 08-08-2019 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brett92 (Post 1642767)
My 2015 Precedent squeaks during side-to-side movements - Grabbing the front roof strut and shaking recreates the noise. On my cart it appears to be the control arm bushings. I spray them with rubber-safe penetrating oil and the noise stays gone for 3-4 weeks.

Would please share the product you use? Mine has the same symptoms when rocked side to side. Thanks!

WalterM6 08-08-2019 05:25 PM

WD40 isn't a lubricant. It's used to dry out electrical connections like points in old cars.

brett92 08-09-2019 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunter450 (Post 1642870)
Would please share the product you use? Mine has the same symptoms when rocked side to side. Thanks!

I use Liquid Wrench penetrating oil but honestly it's what was laying around the house that was safe for use on rubber and plastic. There may be something better out there that lasts longer. I will say that for me this works better than silicone spray.

BTW, I just "went to town on it" as they say spraying very, very liberally at all the bushing points. Like I said it gets me at least a few of weeks of silence then slowly comes back.

https://www.liquidwrench.com/product/penetrating-oil/