Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric golf carts (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   2011 Polaris breeze will not power on (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=155442)

speedglee 07-23-2019 10:11 PM

2011 Polaris breeze will not power on

Hi everyone. I’ve got a 2011 Polaris breeze that won’t power on. No light on the controller at all. The only sign of life is when you switch the run/tow switch on the battery gauge will flash on and off briefly. After inspecting the connections I found that the 16 pin connector to the controller and the 14 pin to the TIM had bad contacts so I replaced them but still the same issue.

That leads me to either the TIM or the Sevcon controller. Looking at some of the other posts, I see that changing to an alltrax controller. Has anyone had experience with this changeover? Are there any alternatives to the TIM from Polaris? Has anyone had any luck getting replacement parts recently?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agpfl 08-01-2019 10:21 AM

Re: 2011 Polaris breeze will not power on

Check the run/tow switch. On a couple carts, I have found either a corroded switch or the wiring running to the switch to be an issue.

I have experience replacing the Sevcon controller and TIM. I have performed a conversion to an Alltrax controller twice now, and possible now a third time coming up as I have my eye on a non work Breeze.

speedglee 08-01-2019 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agpfl (Post 1640731)
Check the run/tow switch. On a couple carts, I have found either a corroded switch or the wiring running to the switch to be an issue.

I have experience replacing the Sevcon controller and TIM. I have performed a conversion to an Alltrax controller twice now, and possible now a third time coming up as I have my eye on a non work Breeze.

I actually replaced the run tow switch and verified voltage traveling from the run/tow to the TIM harness so that looks good. I thought I had a line on a TIM in Florida but can’t get a hold of the guy who I was working with. Any assistance you can provide is appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agpfl 08-04-2019 02:47 PM

I will look through my files when I get home from vacation to find the contact info for the place I bought the last TIM from. I know it was about $150, but it may have been the only one they had. I can also look through my Breeze spare parts bin because I might still have it. I don't remember if I still have it or sold it with some other parts.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

jim@boazfamily.net 07-28-2023 02:23 PM

I'm curious if anyone still reads these 4 year old posts. I recently purchased a 2011 Polaris Breeze not running. It came with two extra Sevcon controllers which tells me two things. 1. Someone spent a lot of money on it and 2. Someone else has worked on it.

I have narrowed the problem down to what I think is the TIM. I'd be open to spending $150 for one if I could find one for that price and I was certain it would get me going. The cart is not worth putting a lot more money into it.

I have read all the posts several times. If anyone has any new information, please post it.