Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Yamaha (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   1986 g 3 (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=81928)

LSC9901 06-22-2013 02:23 PM

1986 g 3

Looking at buying a 1986 G 3. Wondering about the pro's and con's of this cart. Asking price is $1600. In the pictures it looks like it is in good condition. Are there some issues that I should be aware of and what should I look for when I actually look at it?

Thanks.

slonomo 06-23-2013 09:19 PM

Re: 1986 g 3

Pros: It's a yamaha, very durable; It's a two stroke G1 based engine, again very durable and performs well if in good condition (that is if it's a gas cart LOL); It's a rare cart so it's kinda cool to see something different.

Cons: It's a two stroke, smoky and noisy compared to a 4 stroke; It's a rare cart so parts might be hard to come by, especially the body; $1600 is kinda steep if it needs any kind of reconditioning...make sure you look it over really well.

Good luck!:thumbup:

Volt_Ampere 06-23-2013 09:32 PM

That seems steep for a 27 year old cart unless it is in very good running condition.

85.G3 06-23-2013 10:04 PM

I paid $600 for the 86G3 in the photo not running, no windshield, and with fiberglass damage on the passenger side. I completely rebuilt the top end, clutch, pipe, carb with performance parts and repaired the body. I now have about $1,600 in it and needs decals or paint and a windshield. I could have got it going for a lot less but wanted to do it all right one time. It should be good for another 25 years. The G3 is different for sure and you don't see many. I saw one sold locally for $2,000 but it looked like it had never been used

cgtech 06-23-2013 10:51 PM

im my area these sunclassics have a cult-like following. motor and drivetrain parts are available for a cost comparable to other yamahas. the sunclassic specific parts are less and less available every day. turnsignal switch, tail light lenses, shifter cables, body parts, stuff like that are getting rare. i had a new G5 windshield that i just recently sold, dont think you can find that kinda stuff anymore. PM me if you want me to look into these kinda parts, i'll get anything i can (new or used) for you sunclassic owners.

85.G3 06-24-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgtech (Post 898607)
im my area these sunclassics have a cult-like following. motor and drivetrain parts are available for a cost comparable to other yamahas. the sunclassic specific parts are less and less available every day. turnsignal switch, tail light lenses, shifter cables, body parts, stuff like that are getting rare. i had a new G5 windshield that i just recently sold, dont think you can find that kinda stuff anymore. PM me if you want me to look into these kinda parts, i'll get anything i can (new or used) for you sunclassic owners.

Cg ..... ever heard of any stock decal replacements?

cgtech 06-24-2013 03:58 PM

yamaha only shows a simple red and gold stripe (which they no longer carry). i olny have the first two out of three for the left side only. Sorry.