Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   ez go freedom (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=4311)

7echo 04-10-2008 06:39 PM

ez go freedom

Well I found a cart I think might be a good deal. It is an EZGO 36v. The front cowl says 'Freedom'. It has lights, a top, plastic side curtains, and looks pretty clean. The dealer is going to replace the ignition switch and adjust the brakes. He thinks the batts are 1.5 years old. I asked what year and he said maybe '95 or '97. So, any of you EZGO experts got any feed back for me on this cart? This will be my first cart and I want a daily driver that I can do a few mods to and sort of learn about these carts. Then, if the family likes the cart and uses it enough I may upgrade to something bigger/better in a year.
Comments and opinions are appreciated!

MotoRider420 04-10-2008 07:33 PM

Re: ez go freedom

If it doesn't run, don't buy it...

Because, it may be a $30 key switch, or a $300 controller, or everything...

MAKE SURE YOU CAN DRIVE IT AROUND ON A FULL CHARGE, Try to drive it as long as the dealer lets you: to test for battery life...

Look for rust also, and corroded contacts!!!

PLUS, keyword "he thinks" is allways a sign of a lyer when its a dealer!!! I would know, my dads a dealer; NO, not drugs, cars

7echo 04-10-2008 08:33 PM

He said he would have it ready to sell next week. When fiddling with the switch the cart would beep(rev?) and just wouldn't travel. I won't buy it until I can drive it a bit. We will see how it works. Price is going to be $1700. Seems like an honest outfit. I need some feed back from you all before I purchase. Thanks for the comment Moto.

mikesmotortoys 04-10-2008 08:42 PM

Not much of a dealership if they don't even know the year. Are they an independent / used car dealers? I just sold a clean 1996 with good batteries for $1,100.00, and was happy to get that for it. Used batteries are used batteries, I'd plan for the worse and look at the cost to replace them in the near future. Tell them to get it running, then you'll look to purchase. Too many unknowns to risk buying at that price - I'm thinking closer to $850.00 - $950.00 RUNNING.

MotoRider420 04-10-2008 09:12 PM

I agree with mikemotor...

I am gonna sell mine for about 1,000... (Thats all I can get, I want $1500)
And, it has all new everything and brand new batteries with 2-year warranties!!!

Andy4639 04-13-2008 12:42 PM

I don't care what year a cart is if ant running it's not worth $1700.00 More like $800.00 tops. It don't matter what is wrong with it.
I had a car dealer... had a cart on his lot and he wanted $2200.00 for it. I lifted the seat and looked at the battery dates they were 6 years old. The sales man said it had brand new batteries and I showed him the dates. He said well that's what the guy told him when he traded for it. I said OK thanks drove off.

7echo 04-17-2008 08:51 PM

The $1700 price is for running and working correctly. Around here I haven't seen any running carts less than $1200, and those are usually from a shade tree guy that fools around with them for fun. Most anything from a dealer will be $2000 and up. Must be a good market for carts around our area. I have asked several dealers about getting a fixer upper for cheap and no one has anything, or they are keeping them for parts. Still looking, though, and maybe I will end up with the $1700 one.