Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Cart wont charge (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=144295)

Bucky3d 07-22-2018 05:58 PM

Cart wont charge

2000 Club Car 48v Power Drive Charger #? - won't charge, seams dead, no click when plug in so:
Actions I took:
Bought a kit to replace the heat sink part and rectifier and still wouldn't charge.

Replaced with a KP900f-25Q 48v charger (3 pronge Plug).
I Turn on and my Meter show 42.2 V charges up to 42.8 and that is all.
I check individual Battery and vary between 7.1 - 7.2.
I heard you can't charge when too low. Y/N
Batteries are 3 months old. (6)-8V
Can you Jump or Boost some how to get some individual juice?
This unit has a Power RED LCD and Status Lite (Red Charging - Green Charged)
Stays on Green all the time.
Please advise anyone and thank you.

NoleFan4Ever 07-24-2018 01:43 PM

Re: Cart wont charge

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucky3d (Post 1524088)
2000 Club Car 48v Power Drive Charger #? - won't charge, seams dead, no click when plug in so:
Actions I took:
Bought a kit to replace the heat sink part and rectifier and still wouldn't charge.

Replaced with a KP900f-25Q 48v charger (3 pronge Plug).
I Turn on and my Meter show 42.2 V charges up to 42.8 and that is all.
I check individual Battery and vary between 7.1 - 7.2.
I heard you can't charge when too low. Y/N
Batteries are 3 months old. (6)-8V
Can you Jump or Boost some how to get some individual juice?
This unit has a Power RED LCD and Status Lite (Red Charging - Green Charged)
Stays on Green all the time.
Please advise anyone and thank you.

I wish we would have troubleshot the Powerdrive more.... :roll:

Something is not correct with your new charger. That sounds like a 42v charger and not a 48v. More importantly, is this replacement charger a stand alone style (fully automated) or is it an OBC driven charger meaning your OBC has to work. The reason I ask is if your OBC has failed, the old charger would not work and if this is a replacement charger for an OBC, you are still having the same problem. If it is a stand alone charger, did you bypass the OBC so this one would work correctly.... :thumbup:

Bucky3d 07-24-2018 04:19 PM

[QUOTE=NoleFan4Ever;1524574]I wish we would have troubleshot the Powerdrive more.... :roll:

Something is not correct with your new charger. That sounds like a 42v charger and not a 48v. More importantly, is this replacement charger a stand alone style (fully automated) or is it an OBC driven charger meaning your OBC has to work. The reason I ask is if your OBC has failed, the old charger would not work and if this is a replacement charger for an OBC, you are still having the same problem. If it is a stand alone charger, did you bypass the OBC so this one would work correctly.... :thumbup:

From the Motor> 1st-2nd Batteries Tot-15.8, 3rd-4th Batteries Tot-15.9 V. 5th- 4.9 V, 6th Batt-4.7 V > the motor -
The kids seems run the juice out of the 5th and 6th and no re-charge....

joesam 07-24-2018 05:08 PM

Take a photo of the batteries under the seat and post it. Something is wrong. Either the red wire from the charger socket is running to the wrong battery, or you have batteries in backwards, or something like headlights are hooked to batteries 5 & 6 and they were left on...or...??? Its just not normal to have two batteries get that low in a series setup.

NoleFan4Ever 07-24-2018 06:48 PM

Your charger should not be showing a green light as fully charged at only 42.2 volts. Please answer the questions I posed in post 2 above so we can try and help you....

Bucky3d 07-27-2018 02:00 PM

[QUOTE=NoleFan4Ever;1524574]I wish we would have troubleshot the Powerdrive more.... :roll:

Corrective Action, had all batteries checked.
Two were bad, the other 4 great.

Bought 2 more got my volts back up but not 48v but, 47.3v instead. I ran the cart without charging to 44.3v and then charged but only up to 44.8, will not go any higher than that.

Frustrating to say the least. Never experienced this before use yo get that 50.2 volts with the 48v batteries.

I am wondering what you said about a 42v charger, to they make them?

The cart runs great with the 44.8v but how long I don't know. Will this hurt my batteries?]

Bucky3d 07-27-2018 02:22 PM

Something is not correct with your new charger. That sounds like a 42v charger and not a 48v. More importantly, is this replacement charger a stand alone style (fully automated) or is it an OBC driven charger meaning your OBC has to work. The reason I ask is if your OBC has failed, the old charger would not work and if this is a replacement charger for an OBC, you are still having the same problem. If it is a stand alone charger, did you bypass the OBC so this one would work correctly.... :thumbup

Well the bypass sounds good, but I am lost on the last battery neg connection to What to bypass OBC for cart?
ty
Bucky3d

NoleFan4Ever 07-27-2018 03:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucky3d (Post 1525620)
Corrective Action, had all batteries checked.
Two were bad, the other 4 great.

Bought 2 more got my volts back up but not 48v but, 47.3v instead. I ran the cart without charging to 44.3v and then charged but only up to 44.8, will not go any higher than that. That is not good Bucky - that is only 30% charged with 47.3 vdc. 44.8vdc is less than <0%! :shock:

Frustrating to say the least. Never experienced this before use yo get that 50.2 volts with the 48v batteries. 50.93vdc is fully charged for a 48 volt system.

I am wondering what you said about a 42v charger, to they make them? Yes they do.

The cart runs great with the 44.8v but how long I don't know. Will this hurt my batteries?] If the readings are correct, it will qiuckly ruin the batteries with sulfation and over depleting the cells. That is not even hardly charging the batteries.... You are at 0% charge.

Take your digital volt meter (hand held) and place it on the pack (Main Positive post and Main Negative post) as it is charging. Do this 10 minutes after the next charge cycle begins and report back what is the reading you are getting? Next, take the individual battery readings for all of them and post what they are....

Attachment 173179

Bucky3d 08-02-2018 10:36 PM

Something is not correct with your new charger. That sounds like a 42v charger and not a 48v. More importantly, is this replacement charger a stand alone style (fully automated) or is it an OBC driven charger meaning your OBC has to work. The reason I ask is if your OBC has failed, the old charger would not work and if this is a replacement charger for an OBC, you are still having the same problem. If it is a stand alone charger, did you bypass the OBC so this one would work correctly.... :thumbup:[/QUOTE

This new charger is a stand along and has all the auto cutoff values, the sales team is sending me another since thngs don't add up. The batteries are low, 42,7V - charger will at first show charging, within 5 mins it will go to Green saying fully charged. This what I feel your statement about a wrong charger I received. Thank you for your help.]

NoleFan4Ever 08-03-2018 12:33 AM

Hopefully that will work out....:thumbup: