Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Yamaha (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   wiring a reverse light to the reverse buzzer? (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=22536)

ribbingrider31 08-30-2009 10:26 PM

wiring a reverse light to the reverse buzzer?

i have a spare light that i wana mount to the back bumper of my yamaha g2 and wire it to the reverse buzzer or something so that it only comes on when i go in reverse. has anyone tried this or know if its possible?

spriddle 08-31-2009 06:07 AM

Re: wiring a reverse light to the reverse buzzer?

I don't know of anyone that has done this but sounds like a good idea. Should work fine, just be sure to ground the light to the neg. post of the battery and not the frame.

essness 08-31-2009 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spriddle (Post 273460)
I don't know of anyone that has done this but sounds like a good idea. Should work fine, just be sure to ground the light to the neg. post of the battery and not the frame.

:thumbup: I have this on my Ez-go. Works great.

chopndroptx 08-31-2009 10:02 AM

I was looking at the switch on the F&R. It puts out 12V, but may still want to run a relay just incase.

jerryfish77 08-31-2009 11:34 AM

We did this on a G9 hooked up 2 lights to it and it works like a charm. I can't remember if we put a fuse in or not I will have to check.

krimepays 08-31-2009 11:44 AM

Let me know when you get this done sounds like a good idea and I would like to put one on mine!:thumbup:

ribbingrider31 08-31-2009 12:14 PM

alright im guna look around the house and strip some wire from something thats junk and try wiring it up. ill let you guys know

champkitty 03-04-2019 12:35 AM

On the Club Car, behind the FWD_REV switch, there are 3 limit switches.

The middle one controls the reverse buzzer switch. There are 2 wires going to this switch.

Using the ground wire from the light, go to one of the wires to the limit switch and connect to that wire.
Connect another wire from the other wire of the limit switch to ground.

Use a 12V source to the power wire of the light.

When you put the cart into Reverse, both the light and the buzzer will go on.

sformal 03-04-2019 02:03 AM

Easy to do, I hooked the signal for a back camera...

cgtech 03-06-2019 07:34 PM

My G2 has a bright LED plate light as a reverse light, it is hooked up in place of the reverse buzzer. It works great. I would not do it like this for any electric cart that has a reverse buzzer controlled by the motor controller, but that's an issue no G2 owner has to worry about.