Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   TXT Arm rest/Hip restraint (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=142401)

PuttPutt 05-31-2018 11:35 AM

TXT Arm rest/Hip restraint

1 Attachment(s)
I ordered a passenger hip restraint for our 1997 txt the one that came is different than the original. I like it better so ordered a new one for the driver side but the one that came for the driver side is the old style. Any idea how to order the new style for the driver side? The new one is slightly bigger and the edges are rounded.

TexTurbo 05-31-2018 12:01 PM

Re: TXT Arm rest/Hip restraint

It matter "where" you got it....

Many aftermarket places will vary greatly with the appearance of the item....
basically. its "what vendor" made it..when....

I have had luck getting on the phone to a live person at one of our site sponsors....(CarParts.com specifically)..talked it thru, and got EXACTLY what I needed..

PuttPutt 05-31-2018 11:05 PM

Thanks Tex, In did call the vendor and all I got was "well that is the part number for the passenger and driver side so that's what we sent, no other numbers listed" I'll keep hunting.

Sir Nuke 06-01-2018 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PuttPutt (Post 1507454)
Thanks Tex, In did call the vendor and all I got was "well that is the part number for the passenger and driver side so that's what we sent, no other numbers listed" I'll keep hunting.

with that kind of response.....I'd be sending them BOTH back to them.

PuttPutt 06-01-2018 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Nuke (Post 1507487)
with that kind of response.....I'd be sending them BOTH back to them.

:thumbup:

TexTurbo 06-01-2018 10:26 AM

Like Nuke sez.....:thumbup:

My $0.02.....If I want no support, Ill buy the cheapest on Ebay, and expect exactly that...
no customer service and cheap...

Stay with a Site sponsor, may not be the cheapest, but you can count on the support.

yurtle 06-01-2018 10:32 AM

I've found that if you compare apples to apples, our sponsors are very competitive, and offer great customer support. It was before my time, but I understand they've even "fired" folks that don't offer customer service.

PuttPutt 06-01-2018 12:30 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by TexTurbo (Post 1507546)
Like Nuke sez.....:thumbup:

My $0.02.....If I want no support, Ill buy the cheapest on Ebay, and expect exactly that...
no customer service and cheap...

Stay with a Site sponsor, may not be the cheapest, but you can count on the support.

Didn't purchase it on Ebay.....it was Amazon :oops: lesson learned.
You are right about the site sponsors excellent support. Spent a few dollars with Scottyb on our cart now getting around to finishing the seat.

TexTurbo 06-01-2018 02:39 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Putt Putt...

Hey, I LOVE the color !!!! I think our carts are related !

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

kernal 06-01-2018 04:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Partial to it also.
18 years old. Original paint.