Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Yamaha (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Made a Mini Spool for a G2 Rear End (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=58441)

Never Grow Up 12-29-2011 05:13 PM

Made a Mini Spool for a G2 Rear End

5 Attachment(s)
I was going to weld lock my rear end on my other Yamaha G2 . After having the ring gear assembly apart an washing it up for weld, I start thinking of other ways to lock it. So I did a little research on lockers. Then measured up all the parts of the ring gear assembly. Then made up some drawings and then out to the shop and went to work. I had to use the side gears, for the internal splines. I put the cart back together and gave it a really good test and it worked great. Here is some photos.

Attachment 59926Attachment 59927Attachment 59928Attachment 59929Attachment 59930

Never Grow Up 12-29-2011 05:16 PM

Re: Made a Mini Spool for a G2 Rear End

3 Attachment(s)
A few more Photos

Attachment 59931Attachment 59932Attachment 59933

smallblock450sl 12-29-2011 06:55 PM

That is the best possible solution:thumbup: Limited slip/posi is what everyone really wants, but you have taken "bad welds" out of the "locker" equation. So, what could you produce and sell them to your BGW members for? Have I ever said how great you members are?

pachanga90 12-29-2011 07:06 PM

I WANT ONE!!!!!:thumbup:

Never Grow Up 12-29-2011 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smallblock450sl (Post 666755)
That is the best possible solution:thumbup: Limited slip/posi is what everyone really wants, but you have taken "bad welds" out of the "locker" equation. So, what could you produce and sell them to your BGW members for? Have I ever said how great you members are?

Thanks, I Greatly Appreciated this.

Yes I have thought of making more and selling. Just want to really give it some more good runs to make sure nothing goes wrong before producing. Also I'm working on different ways of making internal splines.

TerryH 12-29-2011 08:14 PM

That is an awesome job!!! Whip one up for EZGO Dana electric rear end and ship it right over to me. I'll test it for ya. :mrgreen:

Seriously, that is a very nice piece!

sdub1 12-29-2011 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smallblock450sl (Post 666755)
That is the best possible solution:thumbup: Limited slip/posi is what everyone really wants, but you have taken "bad welds" out of the "locker" equation.

Nice job, that is a great idea!!!! After studying the photo it looks like a solid part spline to sline, so you have a true posi. Or has NEVER GROW UP cracked one of the important codes of golf cart engineering and made some type of small durable viscous cup (cone) to achieve a limited slip?????? I sure hope he has, because limited slip would greatly help with longevity of the whole cart. Either way its great idea!!!:thumbup: I have a G9 and would really like a limited slip.
below is link for anyone that may want to see one type of a viscous cup.
http://www.syncro.org/VCTest.html

G1-G9 12-29-2011 09:14 PM

:jump:I will test one in a yamaha G9 with a clone. NO charge i will test it for free.:jump:

Flintrock 12-29-2011 10:07 PM

Man, that is sweet.. :thumbup:Please post more details on what you used to do this..Thanks!

plk1222 12-30-2011 04:41 PM

id be interested in knowing the steps if you didnt want to sell them!