Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Golf Cart Parts (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Yamaha Golf Cart Speed Spring (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=1700)

NO NO NO E-Z-GO! 09-16-2007 06:48 PM

Yamaha Golf Cart Speed Spring

Check this out! :thumbup:

Yamaha Speed Spring

:shock: 8) :shock: 8) :shock: 8) :shock:

roady89 09-16-2007 07:13 PM

Re: Yamaha Speed Spring

I have one of those. I should get it in this week and I'll post the results.

spriddle 09-17-2007 09:04 AM

I really don't see what the difference is going to be in using this vs. simply tightening the 10 mm nut on the stock governor.

NO NO NO E-Z-GO! 09-17-2007 03:11 PM

That spring is tighter than the stock spring. I'm assuming that in this springs lowest setting it's as tight as the stock one is tightened all the way down. :wink:

Either way, I'm not going to argue with 29mph out of a ***STOCK*** G16. :shock: 8)

spriddle 09-17-2007 03:18 PM

Completely bypass it and go faster. :thumbup:

NO NO NO E-Z-GO! 09-17-2007 03:21 PM

I bypassed a governor on a 91 G9, added the K&N like Gary's and the jets too, and it is just really doggish when you get on it. It just sounds like it has the intake, absolutely no performance advantage. :? I have replaced the carb joint and adjusted the fuel/air mix to no end and it just will not run as strong as it should. Or maybe jets and K&N intakes are just a hoax? :?: :|

It will go fast but just takes a long time to get there. Then as soon as you're moving a satisfactory speed the limiter shuts it down.

spriddle 09-17-2007 03:28 PM

Bring me all the stock stuff, spring/spacer kit, and let me work on it for a few hours. :thumbup:

TheNewGuy 09-17-2007 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NO NO NO E-Z-GO! (Post 27456)
I bypassed a governor on a 91 G9, added the K&N like Gary's and the jets too, and it is just really doggish when you get on it. It just sounds like it has the intake, absolutely no performance advantage. :? I have replaced the carb joint and adjusted the fuel/air mix to no end and it just will not run as strong as it should. Or maybe jets and K&N intakes are just a hoax? :?: :|

It will go fast but just takes a long time to get there. Then as soon as you're moving a satisfactory speed the limiter shuts it down.

No hoax, I got 30-31 mph out of my stock 285cc with 22" tires. ;-)

NO NO NO E-Z-GO! 09-17-2007 06:40 PM

This cart will probably run in the upper 20s, however, it's a while getting there. It has no more power than it did before and it's only faster becase I bypassed the governor.

blakehenry00 09-17-2007 07:22 PM

Just hit 37.1 in my G16, i believe every word.