Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   my golf&country by western cart has no numbers on it. need parts etc. (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=102541)

Nutech Jewelzz 01-30-2015 10:20 PM

my golf&country by western cart has no numbers on it. need parts etc.

I have this cart that has the name Golf & Country by Western on both sides behind the seats but I can't find any numbers on it any where. I am having an electrical problem and cant figure out anything with out the year and model or VIN etc. I found the serial number of the motor along with 2 part numbers on the tag that came off while looking for any sort of numbers on cross member , etc. I also found a serial number on the LESTER MATIC MOTIVE POWER CHARGER that came with it. But other than that I am stuck! I can post pictures of it if that might help. :help:, :?, :dontknow: This is what I am doing because of this problem :banghead:, any suggestions are welcomed! thanks

vagabond 01-31-2015 02:13 AM

Re: my golf&country by western cart has no numbers on it. need parts etc.

Take some pics of the battery compartment, also there might be serial numbers on the right side of the frame in the battery compartment.
They are built on the ezgo frame, the company is in Palm Springs

Nutech Jewelzz 01-31-2015 04:13 PM

5 Attachment(s)
:dontknow:I took some pictures and here they are. I also looked right side frame in battery compartment and saw nothing. I am really getting frustrated.
:dontknow:

Attachment 114804

Attachment 114805

Attachment 114806

Attachment 114807

Attachment 114808 any suggestions guesses anything? i really need a wiring schematic.

CCFanatic 01-31-2015 04:41 PM

That Western is the kind that were build on the 1988-older EZGO Marathon frames

HiTechRedNeck 01-31-2015 04:45 PM

Looks like a good time to order a Upgrade controller pkg from ScottyB.
Go from resister cart to electronic control??

vagabond 01-31-2015 07:06 PM

it's a resistor cart looks just like my 87 did, except mine had 6 6volt batteries.
Looks like your running 3 12s.
look at the frame rail to the left of the left battery in the pic, there should be a serial # there you might have to remove that battery to see it

HiTechRedNeck 01-31-2015 07:24 PM

Looks like battery back up style batteries... not golf cart batts. Probably not suitable for cart use.

might be part of problem---

Get batt. type -- JohnnieB can probably tell if they are suitable for golf cart

smokey tennis shoe 01-31-2015 07:30 PM

The number is stamped in the metal curved part, passenger side , between the batteries. Its in your picture, get a flashlite and shine it on that black painted metal in your picture.

rbuggies48IN 01-31-2015 09:27 PM

Contact the following for info from your 'found' model number.

Mike Jameson mike.jamison@lidomotorsusa.com. Lido Motors is now the home of Western Golf Carts. Google Lido Motors for more info. The number you find on the frame, passenger side in my Western Golf&Country, will tell you the following; Model #, month/year of manufacture, and provide a Production #, last 5 digits on my cart which can provide additional info like paint color, etc. Go to EZGO stickies for all the pertinent manual info you will need for repair, maint., electrical., etc., etc. Charge!

Nutech Jewelzz 01-31-2015 11:47 PM

:thumbup:
:thumbup: Thank you so much!! I just went out with my flash light and found a number. ( under about an 1/4 inch of grime) haha your awesome. now I just have to find out what the number tells me about the cart.