Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Tinted or clear windshield ? (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=90617)

Caspero 02-20-2014 09:04 PM

Tinted or clear windshield ?

I'm looking to buy a windshield for my CC precedent and was wondering what everyone else is using clear or tinted. I will be using the cart mainly at a campground and want to be able to drive it at night and still be able to see. Any help and or suggestions are appreciated.

jakesnake27 02-20-2014 09:30 PM

Re: Tinted or clear windshield ?

I personally have a tinted one, because I think they look better. At night it will be hard to see through, but if you can see over it, it's not a problem...

PAPABEAR1 02-20-2014 09:39 PM

Clear ,,,,safety over kool anyday.......:-P

93yellowclubcar 02-20-2014 09:45 PM

I've got a tinted one on the cart that my Uncle uses, and my Grandpa has a tinted one. They're not all that dark really, and I like them pretty well. They do, however kinda make it hard to see after dark, but fogging is a worse issue and that happens to clear and tinted ones alike. I usually just fold it down when traveling after dark unless it's raining.

UroGator 02-20-2014 09:59 PM

I asked this same question a few weeks ago and got advice to go clear. I bought a clear and couldn't be happier. If you need the tint, just put on sunglasses.

Imagine trying to drive around in your car with a full front windshield tint (and now imagine that at night- can't see)

Go clear. You have more choices (sunglasses to block sun and full clear windshield otherwise)

sunoco 02-20-2014 11:58 PM

The supplier I get windows from doesn't even stock clear any more. The windshield isn't tinted enough to obstruct view at night in my opinion. And it looks a whole lot better, again my opinion....

gsf35099 02-21-2014 01:17 AM

My tinted window has decent visibility at night. Works really. I have noticed with sunglasses on it gets hard to see. :lhmo: I like the tint.

89GatorClub 02-21-2014 01:17 AM

I have tinted on my electric cart but I will buy clear for the gasser. It is a pain at night with the tint if you have to put it up.

8-point 02-22-2014 06:58 PM

I thought I had to get a clear one (night use) but at the time all I could find was tinted. Now I'm glad I got tinted. :thumbup:

RPatten 02-23-2014 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakesnake27 (Post 989163)
I personally have a tinted one, because I think they look better. At night it will be hard to see through, but if you can see over it, it's not a problem...

You will get bugs in your teeth at night.