Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   2008 precedent wiring question (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=55557)

genesis 10-11-2011 10:41 AM

2008 precedent wiring question

Does my 2008 precedent come wired to install a front bumper light kit. I am assuming I need the wire kit to install rear lights. But it looks as if the wire to just install the front light is already there. Any suggestions?

Colbyntx 10-11-2011 11:04 AM

Re: 2008 precedent wiring question

If your cart has the old battery bay then its prewired. When I say old, I mean that it only holds the 4X12v setup with the divider down the middle and the tow/run switch up front on the divider.

genesis 10-11-2011 11:15 AM

Thanks, sounds like what I have. Would it already be wired for the rear lights also? And when you say up front on the divider, do you mean on top of the divider towards the fron of the cart? thanks,

erict 10-11-2011 11:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by genesis (Post 633575)
Thanks, sounds like what I have. Would it already be wired for the rear lights also? And when you say up front on the divider, do you mean on top of the divider towards the fron of the cart? thanks,

I believe it has the rear wires as well.

This is what called a divider:thumbup: Your battery setup should look just like this.........

Attachment 56142 Pic courtesy of scubabud

genesis 10-11-2011 11:40 AM

Looks exactly like what I have,,minus the fuses. haha. If i may, what do you have attached to the blue wire on the #4 battery?

erict 10-11-2011 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by genesis (Post 633581)
Looks exactly like what I have,,minus the fuses. haha. If i may, what do you have attached to the blue wire on the #4 battery?

That is not a pic of my cart but mine is the same as well. The blue wire on battery #4 is where the light kit feed gets connected too. You should have one on yours as well.

genesis 10-11-2011 11:54 AM

I do have the blue wire coming off the battery but mine has nothing connected to it. Also, there is a red one comming off the #1 battery with nothing on it as well. Does that mean anything and what are they for? thanks again.

erict 10-11-2011 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by genesis (Post 633592)
I do have the blue wire coming off the battery but mine has nothing connected to it. Also, there is a red one comming off the #1 battery with nothing on it as well. Does that mean anything and what are they for? thanks again.

Once you add a light kit then you will have a wire connected to it for the light kit feed:wink: I have nothing connected to my red pigtail as well and not sure what it is used for.

genesis 10-11-2011 12:09 PM

Thanks for all the help erict,,,to help answer a question. In an earlier post by colbyntx he states it "should" be pre-wired. If it is, should'nt it already have the harness attached to that blue wire coming off battery #4 that we are talking about?

erict 10-11-2011 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by genesis (Post 633606)
Thanks for all the help erict,,,to help answer a question. In an earlier post by colbyntx he states it "should" be pre-wired. If it is, should'nt it already have the harness attached to that blue wire coming off battery #4 that we are talking about?

I didn't install mine so I'm not sure. It might come with a wire that plugs into it or there might be an existing wire in the harness that plugs into the pigtail.