Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Throttle/Pedal Issues 2012 PH Series Precedent (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=128869)

GeauxTigahs 04-12-2017 10:01 AM

Throttle/Pedal Issues 2012 PH Series Precedent

Hello everyone. I'm new to the world of golf cart ownership. I purchased a 2012 PH series 48v golf cart used from an individual. The speed controller was changed with a refurbished Golfarama 1515 around a week ago. One of my issues is that the cart will only start with the pedal pressed 10-15%. If you go past that the cart will not start. Also once it is going if you go past 50% throttle then cart will completely die. Any ideas on what this could be? I also did a load test with the batteries after a full charge and each one dropped around 1.5v. They are the PD plus batteries and just by judging the letter and date they appear to be 4 years old. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

GeauxTigahs 04-12-2017 10:55 AM

Re: Throttle/Pedal Issues 2012 PH Series Precedent

After reading more on the MCOR issues I wanted to also state this is a 2nd gen pedal assembly

Aflyer 04-12-2017 12:27 PM

I am not an expert but I think you are explaining typical MCOR problems.

Try turning the key off and pumping the go pedal 20 times, and see if that has any affect on your issues.

As for the batteries they could be on their way out based on age, and what kind of care they received.

Check out this Battery information sticker if you have not already seen it:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...batteries.html

Post up your individual and total pack voltages right after full charge and about 10-12 hours later.

Aflyer

GeauxTigahs 04-12-2017 12:59 PM

No luck with the 20x pedal pump. What's strange is that you can hear the click but when you goto the floor with it, it kicks the solenoid out which makes a lot of sense saying it is the MCOR.

I'll get battery info as soon as I can. Thanks for the help

Sergio 04-12-2017 01:22 PM

You may have an issue within the harness itself.

The Excel cart has 453Ω resistors in each of the throttle wires.

You can disconnect the 16-pin Connector from the Controller and the 3-pin connector from the MCOR and measure those resistors.
Controller Pin #1 to MCOR - White wire
Controller Pin #2 to MCOR - Yellow wire
Controller Pin #3 to MCOR - Purple/White wire
You should measure approximately 450Ω between each of those connections above.

GeauxTigahs 04-12-2017 04:09 PM

I do apologize for my ignorance of using a multimeter. I finally got a reading from all three wires and they checked good at 450 each

GeauxTigahs 04-12-2017 04:10 PM

I also found that this cart has the MCOR 3

Sergio 04-12-2017 04:28 PM

Hopefully You still have those connectors apart so you can measure the MCOR itself.

You need to measure the MCOR resistance from Pedal Up to Pedal Down.

Move the pedal slowly and make sure the resistance change is smooth and not "jumpy".

Record both values (Pedal Up and Pedal Down).

You can either measure directly at the MCOR pins that correspond to:
White to Yellow
or

Plug the MCOR 3-pin connector and measure from the disconnected controller 16-pin connector:
Pin #1 to Pin #2

GeauxTigahs 04-12-2017 04:42 PM

Ok starts at 6670 and tracks down to 1050

Sergio 04-12-2017 05:39 PM

Those values look normal for an MCOR3.

It may be an issue with that repaired Controller.

Unless You have an IQDM type Curtis programmer, it will be hard to diagnose much further.

Without an IQDM, the only way to measure the throttle signal is to get a reading on the Yellow wire (Pin #2) at the Controller 16-pin connector, with everything connected, FNR in neutral and key switch ON.

It should vary from 0.35v to 4.65v (approximately) from Pedal Up to Pedal down.

Perhaps other folks have some ideas.