Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Need assistance installing new MODZ FS2 Seat Cushions (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=155028)

windyard 07-13-2019 01:43 PM

Need assistance installing new MODZ FS2 Seat Cushions

2 Attachment(s)
Hi all,

Been reader for some time now, but I finally have a question.

Recently, I purchased some MODZ FS2 seat cushions, but came with no instructions.

My cart is a 2011 Club Car Precedent (refurbished) and what I do not see is the hole for this seat to be screwed into.

So do I not have the correct new seat cushion? Do have a non-oem front seat cushion? or do I need to just strip off the current foam and drill holes?

Thanks

TahoeDawgZ71 07-13-2019 02:42 PM

Re: Need assistance installing new MODZ FS2 Seat Cushions

I see two pictures of two different style seat bottoms. Originally, the Club Car Precedent used a plastic base on their seat bottoms. They had trouble with the vinyl coming unglued so they eventually went to a wooden bottom, as shown in your other photo. Your hip restraints don't fit because they're designed to fit the plastic based seat. You need to order a hip restraint and hardware kit for a wooden seat bottom and bolt them on, then your seat will fit. 103833901 is the OEM part number. It includes two hip restraints, two metal hinges, and all necessary hardware.

windyard 07-13-2019 05:56 PM

Thanks! That part number tied everything together and your precise answer.

I search the Internet for that part number, found places that sell it, but also it shows up in a site that sells the seat and states...

"** If your Club Car Precedent seat bottom is made of Plastic, you will NEED to purchase new style handles (103833901). If your seat bottom is wood, please use existing. **"

Some times you gotta read the fine print.

If I could ask you one more thing... the new seat bottom is a black fabric type. Should I install a thin wooden base to separate from the batteries underneath? or do you think there should be no concern?

Fairtax4me 07-14-2019 09:55 AM

You don’t have to search the internet if David gives you a part number. You just call the man and order it from him! Phone number in his sig! He’ll get you the all right stuff to get your cart back in shape!

I haven’t ever heard of any modz seats, but that looks like a full replacement seat cushion with the base already installed. The black fabric is just a cosmetic cover over the already installed wood or plastic base. You just need to bolt the new arm rests on and install it.