Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Solenoid not engaging (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=157647)

Goober11 09-30-2019 03:30 PM

Solenoid not engaging

2002 CC IQ. Pack voltage is 50.5.The solenoid is not engaging. I have checked for voltage at the solenoid on light blue wire it is 50.5. Pulled all wires off and did a continuity test on the two big post. No continuity. Ran jumper wires to the two small post from the pack solenoid did click it had continuity on the big post then. I did unplug the OBS and jumped the blue an white wire to see it that was it. Still not engaging. What do I need to test now.:help:

Mooncarter 09-30-2019 03:42 PM

Re: Solenoid not engaging

Follow the activation circuit. Something along it has failed.

WalterM6 09-30-2019 04:35 PM

Test the micro switch in the MCOR.

Goober11 09-30-2019 04:53 PM

I need to put some more info. on this cart. Picked it up was not running. The PO said that he tried a few thinks but was not familiar with CC and want to sell it. I found out today (with Dave’s help) that it had a series motor on it with a IQ end plate on it. Had a motor that I installed and checked it with 16 volts and it ran. So that is we’re I am know. Will start testing some more.

NoleFan4Ever 09-30-2019 04:56 PM

You did not check the 48- (Blue w/White wire) and I suspect that is your problem since the solenoid did engage when you jumped out the terminals directly from the battery.

(One wheel jacked up) Get your DVM and place the Black probe on the pack Neg and then with the key On, cart in Fwd, and Go Pedal depressed far enough to hear the microswitch click, take the Red probe and check to see if you have pack voltage in the following pins at the controller: Pin 5 - Lgt Blue must be >30v, Pin 6 - Green, Pin 8 - Brown, Pin 9 - Grey, and Pin 10 - Tan.

Goober11 09-30-2019 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever (Post 1657677)
You did not check the 48- (Blue w/White wire) and I suspect that is your problem since the solenoid did engage when you jumped out the terminals directly from the battery.

(One wheel jacked up) Get your DVM and place the Black probe on the pack Neg and then with the key On, cart in Fwd, and Go Pedal depressed far enough to hear the microswitch click, take the Red probe and check to see if you have pack voltage in the following pins at the controller: Pin 5 - Lgt Blue must be >30v, Pin 6 - Green, Pin 8 - Brown, Pin 9 - Grey, and Pin 10 - Tan.

Thanks NoleFan I will test in the am. Grandson has football practice and he needs a ride.

Goober11 10-01-2019 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever (Post 1657677)

Tested like you suggested. Pack voltage is 53.2 charger was running and I unplugged it.
#5. Lt Blue. 52.1
#6. Green. 52.5
#8. Brown. 52.7
#9. Grey. 52.6
#10 Tan. 52.5

Goober11 10-01-2019 10:45 AM

So the blue/white comes from #12 pin on the control. Is that the ground for the solenoid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sergio 10-01-2019 10:50 AM

The Controller also needs to see throttle input before it will activate the Solenoid.

To test the Throttle signal, set the meter to 20vDC and place the meter negative probe on pack negative battery post.

Put the meter positive probe on Pin 2 - Yellow wire.

The voltage should range from around 0.3v with the pedal UP to more than 4.65v with the pedal all the way DOWN.

Goober11 10-01-2019 10:55 AM

Pedal up 0.06. Pedal all the way down 1.05

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk