Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   01 DS, no speed increase after Alltrax install (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=147045)

pogrelis97 10-16-2018 12:44 PM

01 DS, no speed increase after Alltrax install

Installed a 300A Alltrax controller in my 01 Club Car DS, seems like it has more torque but I'm still getting the same 12-13mph that I did before the new controller. Anything I might be missing? Batteries are in good shape.

WalterM6 10-16-2018 01:28 PM

Re: 01 DS, no speed increase after Alltrax install

My guess would be that you replaced a stock controller with a basically stock controller. But if you would post a screen grab of all of the controller setting somebody might spot a setting that might help you.

joesam 10-16-2018 02:09 PM

Sergio just posted this a few threads back, and is a common problem with DS carts of your vintage (assuming your cart has MCOR):

Check for free play at the accelerator pedal linkage.

There are many posts about it, here are some:

Zip Tie Fix:
Fix 4 Slow Clubcars with MCORs

Fuel Hose Fix:
Club car top speed doesn't seem right

NoleFan4Ever 10-16-2018 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pogrelis97 (Post 1550563)
Installed a 300A Alltrax controller in my 01 Club Car DS, seems like it has more torque but I'm still getting the same 12-13mph that I did before the new controller. Anything I might be missing? Batteries are in good shape.

As the others have stated, and its imperative to utilize the Tool Kit Walt referenced to look at the controller settings AND the monitor screen to ensure you are getting 100% throttle and amperage.... :thumbup:

WalterM6 10-16-2018 02:49 PM

The minimum you should do with a new install is clear the auto-cal to adapt your throttle to the new controller. Open Toolkit>Controller>Clear Auto-Cal. Work the throttle min to max a time or two.

pogrelis97 10-16-2018 03:15 PM

Thanks for the info, i'll check the throttle linkage tonight. Do I need a special cord to hook the controller up to a computer?

NoleFan4Ever 10-16-2018 03:28 PM

Just a standard USB printer cable. (USB on one end and partially squared plug on the other)

pogrelis97 10-17-2018 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever (Post 1550624)
Just a standard USB printer cable. (USB on one end and partially squared plug on the other)

Thanks, I'll check the settings tonight.

scottyb 10-17-2018 08:11 AM

My guess is the 01 DS is a series cart. In a series cart motor rpm is not limited by the controller. Putting a larger SERIES controller in allows the motor to draw more amperage which the motor will make more torque with but not more speed. The factory default setting for all SR controllers is 100% speed and 100% torque limited by what the motor can do with the controllers output limit

Sergio 10-17-2018 08:17 AM

That was my initial thought as well, perhaps pogrelis97 will tell us exactly what cart and controller he has.