Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Carryall 6 no function - good solenoid new batts (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=9559)

bosuck 10-23-2008 09:42 PM

Carryall 6 no function - good solenoid new batts

Hi I am new to this forum and carts as well. I just got an electric carryall 6 - year 2000. It does not work :help:.
I bought new batts and have a voltage of 48.8. After reading the forum, charged up the batts more - now the are at 51v. I have jacked up the cart and jumped the solenoid. Still no function. The key switch functions, the revers alarm works and on board charger works. I also reset the obc - as per forum. There is voltage to the motor on all wires.

I need help figuring out the next trouble shooting step.

Is there some way to test the motor? Jump it?
Test the controller? How do you test the obc? What is an indication its broken?
Is there trouble shooting for the gas peddle black box?

Thanks for any help and direction.

GLEEMO 10-24-2008 10:24 AM

Re: Carryall 6 no function - good solenoid new batts

I strongly recommend getting a Maintenance/Service Manual for the cart, if you are planning on keeping it. I purchased mine from a CC dealer for $20.00 it covers 95-97 Gas and electric , Money well spent.

PS. many times they are available on eBay, or perhaps one of our sponsers
may have one.

Good luck !

Garry

shadowman 10-24-2008 11:56 AM

yes there are diagnostic tests to check both motor and controller but they have to done in order.................as mentioned you can,t go wrong with the service manual and thats the 1st thing you should do........i have the manual but its about 140 miles away right now otherwise i would post you the procedures............................8)

rusty 10-24-2008 01:08 PM

Welcome to the forum bosuck.........................

bosuck 10-24-2008 03:14 PM

Thanks for the welcome and the tip. This is definitely the best place for cart info. I'm searching for the manual now but I doubt it will be local in HI. Do you guys have a particular online company that has manuals & cheap parts etc? I have 5 of these types of carts to bring back to health.

shadowman 10-24-2008 03:54 PM

you can try C.C. or a C.C. dealer but there are also several online sites that sell them and even try E-bay.....................try comparing prices for the best but if your doing your own troubleshooting and repairs the manual is a must..........if you need parts let me know i can beat most online prices.....................................8)