Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   is it a warped axle? (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=91606)

woodrow256 03-20-2014 04:00 PM

is it a warped axle?

1990 marathon. I noticed when im riding around on really flat ground or pavement that my drivers side wheel is wobbling enough to make a bumpy ride. Its not making any grinding noise or anything just a mean wobble. I have swapped wheels to see if that fixed it. It did not. Thanks for your answers in advance. Its on the back.

branson 03-20-2014 04:04 PM

Re: is it a warped axle?

have you checked all the front suspension components. are there any loose tie rods, spindle bushings, steering gear or bushings. if the carts not rolling anywhere how much can you turn the steering wheel left to right

branson 03-20-2014 04:05 PM

any bolts that might be loose what about the wheel bearing they could be loose without making any noise

Olman 03-20-2014 04:15 PM

He said it was on the back:thumbup:

kellybell 03-20-2014 04:48 PM

I don't see where he says its on the back or front. Anyway, what I would do is dismount the wheel and take it down to a tire shop (automotive). They can mount it to a wheel balancer (yes, it fits, I tried it!) and tell you if the wheels is out of balance. They may even be able to balance it for you cheap (less than $10). Start there. If there is no issue with the wheel, maybe its another wheel? If all wheels are OK, then it is something else , axle shaft, spindle, flat place on the tire maybe?

Olman 03-20-2014 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kellybell (Post 1001876)
I don't see where he says its on the back or front. Anyway, what I would do is dismount the wheel and take it down to a tire shop (automotive). They can mount it to a wheel balancer (yes, it fits, I tried it!) and tell you if the wheels is out of balance. They may even be able to balance it for you cheap (less than $10). Start there. If there is no issue with the wheel, maybe its another wheel? If all wheels are OK, then it is something else , axle shaft, spindle, flat place on the tire maybe?

Kelly----not to be a AH, the last four words in his original post is "It's on the back." He also said he swapped wheels and he still had a wobble. My guess is bent axle.

kellybell 03-20-2014 05:54 PM

LOL, Oh I see! Sorry Olman! Your right!

woodrow256 03-20-2014 09:55 PM

Thanks yall. Kinda what i was thinking. What would i replace to fix it? The whole rear end? I just cant imagine a bent axle shaft causing the wobble. I tell u this marathon has been a PITA with stuff breaking. So i went out tonight and bought a non pds TXT for $400. I think its a 1999 or 2000, i havnt looked it up yet.

branson 03-21-2014 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olman (Post 1001862)
He said it was on the back:thumbup:

I guess I missed that.
why would you think the axle shaft might not be bent. you could take the tire off and run the motor slow while looking at the shaft to see if it moves around

richieap 03-21-2014 08:49 AM

has the cart been sitting ? possibly a flat spot in the tire ? tire out of ballance ,or loose lug nuts