Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   How should my cart be responding as batteries run down? (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=130070)

Akment 05-14-2017 04:54 PM

How should my cart be responding as batteries run down?

Had a new Trojan batteries installed in my cart about six weeks ago. My old batteries used to wear down slowly as I operated the cart. The cart while in use, would eventually become sluggish and slow but at least it would move. After I had the new batteries installed the cart comes to a complete stop while operating after a short period of time. I then need to stop for a little while and then it runs again. I can repeat this process over and over. It's not the same "running out of juice as before...?

yamahaguy97 05-14-2017 06:35 PM

Re: How should my cart be responding as batteries run down?

well, I'm not sure if you have a DS or Precedent, but your batteries are not what is causing you to stop cold. you have another issue with either wiring or the controller so we need more info to help you

Fairtax4me 05-14-2017 08:47 PM

How long does it take for this to happen?
Have new Trojan 875s in three carts and they run for hours and hours before they get to the point of being sluggish. Have never had one just flat out stop.

Dlab 05-14-2017 08:49 PM

Need to know what cart you have, but sounds like an MCOR issue from what I've seen on this board..."thank goodness I don't have one" LOL

Down South 05-14-2017 09:44 PM

Not good to run batteries down that low. No matter what brand, especially Trojan and new.
Quote:

After I had the new batteries installed the cart comes to a complete stop while operating after a short period of time.
As asked, what cart? What Voltage, 36-48V.
My question, is the pack at full charge when this happens and how do you know the pack is at full charge?

Golfdog 05-16-2017 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akment (Post 1385013)
Had a new Trojan batteries installed in my cart about six weeks ago. My old batteries used to wear down slowly as I operated the cart. The cart while in use, would eventually become sluggish and slow but at least it would move. After I had the new batteries installed the cart comes to a complete stop while operating after a short period of time. I then need to stop for a little while and then it runs again. I can repeat this process over and over. It's not the same "running out of juice as before...?

Check for controller over heating, cuts out, cools down a touch then goes again.