Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   precedent motor speed sensor (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=25419)

carguy 11-04-2009 04:57 PM

precedent motor speed sensor

hey gang,

I noticed in the Precedent parts book there is a motor speed sensor on the back of the motor.

Does this sensor in any way affect the performance of the cart (like an rpm limiter on a car)?

OR does it just monitor the speed and report it to the controller?

Would appreciate your thought's - thanks.

Dave

roady89 11-04-2009 06:59 PM

Re: precedent motor speed sensor

Are you wanting to disconnect it thinking it will go a lot faster? It doesn't work that way. Best thing is to leave it alone unless your upgrading. If you upgrade to an Alltrax I don't think you use that sensor, but an Alltrax is a whole different deal.

carguy 11-04-2009 08:14 PM

Heck ya I want to go faster!

I was mainly wanting to know what the function of the sensor is.

And if disconnecting it, or bypassing it, or whatever, would get me more speed, that would be good.

dave

scottyb 11-04-2009 08:35 PM

I doesn't work that way ..... if you mess with it the computer goes into fits and the cart won't run much at all..... you can have your controller reprogrammed at the dealer for more speed.

500 11-04-2009 08:42 PM

For $50 I got the speed program from the dealer. It tops out at 19.5mph the dealer says. It hauls pretty good for stock. Fastest cart in the hood. (There are only three of us with carts, but hey, still the fastest!)

scottyb 11-04-2009 08:47 PM

:thumbup::mrgreen::mrgreen::thumbup:

carguy 11-04-2009 09:18 PM

jus' trying to figure out how it works & what it does.

mikeatpru 08-19-2011 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carguy (Post 306667)
hey gang,

I noticed in the Precedent parts book there is a motor speed sensor on the back of the motor.

Does this sensor in any way affect the performance of the cart (like an rpm limiter on a car)?

OR does it just monitor the speed and report it to the controller?

Would appreciate your thought's - thanks.

Dave

Dave,
You might try getting one of the magnets to install inside the sensor. They sell them on ebay, just search under "high speed golf cart magnet" and you should find it. I bought one for my 06 Precedent that should have taken it from 20 to approx. 27mph. Unfortunately, I haven't had any success. However, I have heard that they do generally work and they are only $50. For that price, it's worth a shot.
Good luck.
Mike