Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   School me on TXT’s (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=141252)

mikepotts 04-30-2018 02:57 PM

School me on TXT’s

I have come across a deal on a TXT it’s supposed to run and drive just fine with a charger for $600. Is there anything I need to know about these? Take me to school!

Sir Nuke 04-30-2018 03:09 PM

Re: School me on TXT’s

1 Attachment(s)
sound like a great price.....what YEAR is it? and what drive system does it have?

Attachment 169114

to me, even in it doesn't run, as long as the frame us SOLID, everything else can be fixed easily.

so you would need to crawl up under in and inspect it good, make sure you have a flash light to see everything.

mikepotts 04-30-2018 03:22 PM

I asked the seller about rust. He said it has absolutely zero rust and of course I will check it to make sure but it is in California so I guess I could believe that.

Sir Nuke 04-30-2018 03:36 PM

how do you intend to use it? an actual golf cart? a neighborhood cruiser? off road? camp ground use? depending on the drive system....some are better then others. can you find out what drive system it has?

and with that....what do you want/need as far as how fast it will go?

mikepotts 04-30-2018 04:17 PM

Primary use will be around the neighborhood and camping. I would like to do a small lift and slightly bigger tires. I don’t really care about speed but I do want it to be able to pull Long Hills.

cgtech 04-30-2018 04:21 PM

By "pull long hills", do you mean "with zero speed loss compared to flat ground"? If that's what you are hoping for, forget that idea right now. Nearly every cart can pull long hills, even stock, but all carts with large tires will have some loss of speed up hill.

mikepotts 04-30-2018 04:31 PM

I don’t expected to maintain speed, I just don’t want to have to push. LOL!

Sir Nuke 04-30-2018 07:51 PM

well for $600.....and a good body and frame.....you want to lift it, and larger tires.....I would put either a 400 or 500 amp controller, jump to 48v, and a torque motor and you would be SET!

mikepotts 04-30-2018 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Nuke (Post 1497248)
well for $600.....and a good body and frame.....you want to lift it, and larger tires.....I would put either a 400 or 500 amp controller, jump to 48v, and a torque motor and you would be SET!

Thanks. I just got to the motel for the night and looked closer at the pictures from the seller. Its a 1998 series drive system.

mikepotts 04-30-2018 09:15 PM

The seller said he has 2 carts running with batteries and chargers, 2 carts complete except no chargers and batteries... he was asking $750 each for the complete units and $250 each for the incomplete ones.