Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Stumped on 48 V cart (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=94275)

habitualeyer 05-24-2014 05:31 PM

Stumped on 48 V cart

Hi everyone,
96 48 v Club Car would not run. Jumped solenoid and it would go. So...I replaced solenoid. Still will not go. Solenoid does not click. Tried all test that I could find. All checked out accept when I would check voltage across negative small post. When running negative lead on meter to back #1 small post, and positive lead from meter to battery post...I get full voltage only when peddle not depressed. When I depress pedal...I get zero voltage.
I'm stumped.
Please help.

crash test dummy 05-24-2014 06:21 PM

Re: Stumped on 48 V cart

check the micro switches in f/r switch

scooterman 05-25-2014 07:50 AM

LoL when you read full voltage across two points that is the potential (volts). Once current flows there is no potential in that circuit you are not going to see the voltage across a switch.

habitualeyer 05-25-2014 08:56 AM

something I am confused on.....when I put meter on ohms....and put red meter clip on band side of diode...and black on other...I get nothing. When I put red lead opposite band side...and black on the band side...I get current to flow. Shouldn't it read with red meter clip on band side? Also wondering if I blew micro switch by running diode wrong direction? Resistor also seems to get hot when I keep peddle down for short time.

scooterman 05-25-2014 09:46 AM

I think you aren't getting the signal voltage to the coil if you jump it and it works. What did you do last thing before the stopped working? Did you wire anything else up, like a voltage converter? Current flows from negative to positive that is why you conduct the diode.

habitualeyer 05-25-2014 10:39 AM

nothing extra done. Simply would not work one day. Jumped solenoid and cart worked. So I bought a new solenoid. Installed it...and cart still will not work. Still works though when I jump new solenoid. Tried different tests for the four posts. all tests were ok accept #1 small negative post.

scooterman 05-25-2014 11:19 AM

So, I would assume the solenoid is new and In good working order. So you aren't getting signal power to the solenoid otherwise it would click and energize the coil that will hold the contactor closed. So working backward you should be able to find the issue. I don't have your schematic so I can't back trace that for you. Crash mentioned the micro switches, they are easy to test with power off, with tester the should test open and close when switched. You also mentioned diode which one, not sure it's it for the solenoid?

93yellowclubcar 05-25-2014 02:24 PM

Plug in the charger. Does the charged turn on?

jjance 05-25-2014 04:33 PM

Diode should conduct with neg(black) on the band side. When you connect it in the circuit the positive should be connected to the bank side. Remove the diode and resistor and see if it moves. Be sure to connect both back correctly.

habitualeyer 05-25-2014 08:27 PM

charger turns on....but does not shut off (at least that was the case before I started replacing the solenoid). I will try charger again tomorrow. I will remove the diode and resistor and see what happens also.
Thanks for all the help so far everyone !!!